Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Just Kill it Already

Yep, let's just kill it already. Hit the switch and move on.  For some reason looking back this weekend had an eerie theme going on. Let's just take a look now shall we.

Friday evening we decided on a movie. Thanks Redbox for the wonderful suggestions you place in my inbox.  Movie of the night:  The Purge



Beleive it or not, I think it actually had a nice little life lesson built into the chaos. Here it is: Helping someone less fortunate may help you in the long run.

Saturday = New phones.  We have finally moved out of the stoneage and have smart phones.  Oh my goodness are these things huge (yeah that's what she said).  Not sure if we are going thru growing pains or if these will survive.
See what I mean people. Huge, gnormous, like the size of my head.
 
Teenager also had a fun purchase this weekend while with his daddie.  New basketball shoes.  If for some reason I forgot to mention, he loves LeBron James.
We swear that these boys are ten times worse with their shoes then girls at times.
 
After picking up the phones and doing some very unneeded shopping. Yeah I said unneeeded. Well maybe not really, after all I did pick up a furnace filter, a new house calendar, stabucks (win) and some Noodles & Co. for dinner (2nd win).
Red cups are out (argh, too soon people) and they still had my fave salted carmel mocha, bonus.

Later it was family game night and then a movie. Little bro and the new gf (girlfriend) were joining us for an intense game of clue and some dinner.  Needless to say I was the first one to attempt this whole guess who done it.  Why? Could  have very much been attributed to the fact that I was very thritsy. The wine was almost gone...say what?!? 3/4 quarters of a bottle all on my own. Whoops.  I think they changed the cards in the little envelope on me without looking.  I could have swore I had it.  At some moments there is just too much thinking going on in that game.  Little bro's new gf won the game.  We will just go with the fact that we let her win since it was the first time she came for family game night.  
And I subjected my little bro and her to a little corruption with a Rob Zombie movie, House of 1,000 Corpses. Now if that didn't freak her out not sure if anything else will. Hey it is still kind of close to Halloween and the little brother never saw that movie.

Sunday...I felt like dog poo again. And this time I know it was definetly not the wine. By any means. Wine hangovers have a distinction about them.  This was just the darn cold that my ubberly cute nephew decided to give me rearing it's ugly head yet again.  I even took a nap (again) on Sunday (I never nap). Then desperation hit Sunday afternoon and I was done.  Like seriously done with this whole being sick thing.  Modern medicine was doing nothing for me people, nothing.  It was time to go old school style.  Liquor store run for the necessities.   Grandma's concotions - brandy hot water honey and lemon.   And another one of a shot of blackberry brandy.  Well since I didn't want to take any chances I did both home remedies.  The brandy hot water thing I enjoyed sipping while the hubbie had a fire outside.  See fresh air too.  Sure to cure it.  Just in case it didn't work....I did what I consider the unthinkable and broke down and got one of those nettie pot things.  That is the weirdest, most disgusting things ever.  Just let me say if it works I am so doing it again. Couple shots of blackberry brandy too for extra measure just before bed.  Sad to say...woke up Monday still feeling like ick.  Broke down and called the doctor.  Last resort. Appointment is today, so basically I should be fine by then. Isn't that how it works.

Now of course while I was being sick.  The hubbie was diligently working outside.  Seriously people I think we have the biggest leaf pile in the city. And the trees still have leaves on them yet.

 
And there we have another weekend buried in the books.
 
xoxo, Dawn Marie
 
 
Linking Up with:
Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment