Saturday, November 16, 2013

Surprises, Surprises, the Week of Surprises


It was an early Saturday morning and all was still in the sack. Maybe I should have just went back to take a nap.  Whatever, it rhymes or something like that.  It is 6 AM on a Saturday.  Here I am awake for no reason.  No better of time to get the blog post wrapped up.  You know the one that should have been done yesterday.   Anywho, ha.

First up, let's discuss Cream of Wheat.   In my little world of feeling funky last week and wanting nothing to do with my normal morning yogurt, I decided to try cream of wheat.  Amazing.  People are absolutely floored that I have never had this before.  Nope, sorry people.  Parents failed to indulge us with cream of wheat.  They will hear about it at some point.  Passed along some to the little bro, who has also been neglected of the cream of wheat goodness for his enitre life. 
 
And remember when we got on board with the whole technology thing and finally upgraded to smart phones.  Think the hubbie appreciates them just a little bit more since I discovered that whole picture in picture feature.
 
Oh yeah check the hat. Nothing better than some little ear flaps on a freezing cold evening.  We are off to the little bro's to visit.....


The TURTLES!!
 
Honestly, as you recall in the post where we talked about the turtle discovery was many, many moons ago.  We have been on turtle watch forever.   Once the little bro had some downtime, he decided to clean out the nest area.  As he started moving the dirt and some of the eggs, he noticed something moving.  There was a bet on the number of eggs that were in the nest, hence why it was done so gently. The number was 48 by the way.  Some of the eggs did hatch!  Those poor little guys or ladies were on the bottom of the pile and just couldn't get out.  Speaking of guys or ladies, how do you tell? Should we lift their little tails and find out?  Hhhmmm.  Anyways. Let's just enjoy some new baby turtle pictures.



Now these little ones above are/were in need of a little TLC before determining whether or not they would make it.  Update as of today, one of the three has moved to the bucket with the other little ones.
 
Then later in the week it happened. I got the(a) phone call from the hubbie.  Dawn Marie what did you do?!? A few more words not to be mentioned here.   This whole time I am suddenly doing this major mental check of seriously what could I have done.  No flippin idea.  Finally he spits it out.  The packages are up to my weiner. OH my goodness.  I know I was kind of stressed during the week.  When I get stressed I do enjoy shopping (obvious) more than usual. Really how bad could it have been. Did I manage to forget truly how much I shopped that week.  Well here is the picture he graced me with.
 
 
Pardon the jack russel photo bomb.   Now when I saw this, I had a serious mental check of what the heck I could have ordered that was in such a large box.   But whatever, by the time I got done unwrapping and opening this glorious stack it looked and felt like Christmas morning.
 
Now how rude would it be if I didn't take you on a venture of what was actually in these boxes.
First there was a Target moment....check out this squirrel.
He just looks all evil.  Like he is plotting some sort of little plan.  Grab your evil squirrel here:  Squirrel

Now he may live with kind of weird owl on my shelf. Maybe they can come together to collaberate an awesomely evil way to take over the world.

And I managed to find some of these awesome sweater leggings.
 
One of the boxes was from mac just some eyeshadow I was out of.  And a box for my shoe obsessed teenager.  Tha would be the boy, Forest.  He pulled out every angle/cash to get Nike Chicago Marathon shoes.
 
According to the views on the website, they glow in the dark.  To date: his have not.



Chicago skyline is in one shoe and the marathon date is in the other.

 
Yes, my teenage boy is obsessed with shoes.  Think these are the bomb, you can find them here:  Nike LunarGlide
 
And last....finally not least was a package from my parents.  Ha ha Ha hubbie that super huge box was not something I ordered.  Here are all the glorious things they sent.
They stopped at a pistachio farm on their way to Arizona.  And I have to say I was absolutely amazed by the packaging of the wine bottle.  Seriously think that to be a packaging designer you need to be a genius.
 
And of course the week would not be complete with out a visit from the little bro and two of the most adorable boys on the planet.   Who just happened to get some new hats.


And yes you are seeing it correctly, the gloves are still attached to the hats. Guess that is one way to ensure they never get lost. Dorkos.  Then there are just those everyday moments caught on camera which are the most precious of all.


 Thats a whole lot of love there, my peeps.
 
Now you...
make sure you stop back at Life in the Sack for more of our moments, per the Moo.
 
xoxo,  Dawn Marie
 
ps...more love on the way soon
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment