Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 3

The Thankful Project: 28 days of blogging with intentional gratitude
Today I am linking up with Chasing Happy on the Thankful Project. From Chasing Happy: "The Thankful Project will be 28 days of intentional gratitude and community. Each day, we'll write a post in response to a gratitude prompt". 

Todays prompt is "a place". Actually it was few days ago, life took over and I got under the weather. Still did not want to pass it up though. On that note here we go.

The place I am most thankful for is....my hometown.



I had the opportunity to grow up in a small town.   Everyone pretty much knew everyone.   All of my family was there.  Living in a small town while growing up taught me about the good nature of people.  The no worries.   Now that does not go without saying everyone also knew everyones business.  Which led me to leave the small town for a period to go to the city.  Today though you will find me back in the small town.  Moving my son from the city to the small town I feel made a huge impact on him.  The core values learned from living in a small town I am very thankful for.

My small town is also on the marsh.  Yet another reason why this is the place I am thankful for.  I learned the love of the outdoors and beauty it holds.

Small town parade time
Who can not be thankful for a place that has a bar with this sign outside...and they have awesome burgers too.

 
Look at that beauty.
 
Yep, I am most thankful for my hometown.  It made me who I am today.
 
xoxo, Dawn Marie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment