Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 2

The Thankful Project: 28 days of blogging with intentional gratitude
Today I am linking up with Chasing Happy on the Thankful Project. From Chasing Happy: "The Thankful Project will be 28 days of intentional gratitude and community. Each day, we'll write a post in response to a gratitude prompt". 

And today's prompt is....What role are you thankful to have played? 

Once agan I am sitting here thinking there are so many that I am thankful for.  A teacher would be one.  The ability to teach someone, watch them learn, and grow as a person.  Whether it is my kids, hubbie, pups, friends, or coworkers. I love it.  Which actually leads into another role I am thankful for...

CHEERLEADER

 
Blast from the past but, nope definetly not that kind of cheerleader.  Cheerleader in the sense of encouraging and watching people accomplish there goals.  I am very thankful that people in my life have given me the opportunity to be their cheerleader. 
 
Reflecting back, I believe one of my favorite cheerleading moments would be the: Brewers Mini Marathon.  This moment I had the privilege to watch my friend develop/train and run the 13.1 miles.  Stuck by her side, encouraging her the entire way.  I am very thankful she gave me the chance to be her cheerleader. Oh and not punch me in the nose when I got a little bit like a drill sergeant when she had her doubts.
 
PreRace Photo - ready to crush it 
 
Post Race Photo - Awesome Accomplishments and Tests Conquered
 
Today I am grateful for the role I have been able to play as a teacher and cheerleader.
 
Let's Go, Whoot Whoot!!
 
xoxo
Dawn Marie


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm also part of The Thankful Project this November and would love to read more of your work as the month progresses!

    You can check out my blog at elliecoburn.com if you'd like! Wishing you all the best!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete