Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What the ?!?!

Believe I mentioned a month or so ago the fact that we have given up the satelite dish for a period.  Now when my little MSNBC news feed started to get slammed with all the news of Miley's performance at the VMAs, there was no way I could pass up checking out what the heck I missed.

Thankfully I decided to watch the video at work.  Otherwise I am completely sure the words out of my hubbie's mouth would have been something along lines of:  "shut your mouth dear".  You know the inevitable draw drop after the "what the moment".  People have been basically slamming her little performance to the ground.  On a positive note maybe someone should thank her for providing us a clear representation of how not to present yourself in public if you are a young lady (or hey even a young man for that matter).

Now aside from the pure dirtiness of the whole act.  I have to ask, what was with the whole weird creepy teddy bear thing that was going on.   First there was Mr. Space ship teddy that spit out the Miley.  Then the dancing teddies.  The girls with the teddies on there back and Miley wearing the weird teddy leotard.   Really could not figure out how that tied into the whole matter or even the song. Maybe I should watch the video and then I may just get it.  If you were trying to show that you are no longer a kid anymore, running around with your teddy bears may not be such a great idea.  Aside from being tramatized from her performance in general, bet we may have an influx of a  new fear surfacing of teddy bears.  You know kind of like the fear of clowns or Coulrophobia.


Then the creative soul that put this together. 

Full shot of Michael Keaton as Betelgeuse.TRIBECA film fest 2013 -beetlejuice
Photo courtesy of: NY Daily News

To come up with this:.


Wow are the 80's truly coming back.  Grab your aquanet girls. Bravo. This is  just the bomb. 
 
xoxo...Dawn Marie
 
ps. Opinions in here are solely my own. If you agree with them, get a good laugh, fantastic. If not, sorry. Personal opinions make the world interesting and may expand your point of view too. Thanks for stopping by my little blog world no matter how you feel on the matter.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment