Monday, August 19, 2013

Crafty Pants Time

After all the shopping on Wednesday, it was time to get our crafty pants on.  My project was fairly simple.   A print that I have been oogling for years I finally sucked up and purchased.  Next up was mounting it.  Bring in the modge podge.  How did I not know this stuff existed?!?   It worked awesome.  12x12 picture on 12x12 frame...simple as that.

Super excited that this is finally up in the kitchen.
 
Since the store I stopped at only had 12x12 canvases in a package.   That opened up the chance for the steppie to do a project she had pinned. 
Crayon Art
 
Last, by by no means the least...the dress pillow.  You ever have that one piece of clothing that you absolutely love and can not bear to part with.  Well this one dress just happened to be one of those for the steppie.   Even though she no longer fit or seriously would ever wear it.  Finally she put it in the donation pile.  With how much she loved it, there was no way we could just let it go.  Bring on the brilliant idea of the dress pillow.  After asking my mommie for help to accomplish this, she just grabbed in and boom pillow.  I am so grateful my mommie does these things for me. Here it is:

 
The steppie was so happy.  Think she may have been in tears.  And if she ever gets sick of looking at the dress part, it can be flipped where it looks just like a patterned pillow. Now she will never have to part with her dress again.
 
 
Dawn Marie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment