Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past - Shop and don't stop

Actually I would like to take this post and go on about a little before the weekend actually started happening.  Because we also did some pretty cool stuff in the evenings the week before also. 
 
Last Tuesday, I had a business dinner.  The only reason why this is worth mentioning is because I truly enjoy one of the individuals.  He is such a genuine person and sadly you do not see that anymore.
 
Wednesday, was the last day of the summer farmers market in our city.  Since the hubbie was preoccupied picking up the steppie from work, I grabbed Little Man to take along.  Overall it went well except for when he though he wanted to attack a construction barricade.  I can say aside from him slightly skittish due to the number of people, he did fantastic.  We definitely will  be continuing to work with his socialization.  The last farmers market had a great band.  The evening finished off with some fireworks. I opted to watch a little bit of those from the deck though.
 
Thursday evening the Horicon Marsh Visitor and Education Center had a program where you could learn the very basics of and give archery a try.  It was something the steppie mentioned she had an interest in and I kind of have been intrigued by it myself.  While I do not view myself as a hunter, this took target shooting to a different level.  We both really enjoyed it. 
 
 
 
 
And now finally let's get to the weekend....Friday was a whole lot of nothingness.  Which is fantastic due to all the running around I had planned for Saturday.  I managed to do some major damage in Madison....Ulta, Old Navy, and the mall.   You see this is what happens when your wedding ring forces you to go into a mall every six months for someone to look at it.  Since I was flying solo though, it gave me an awesome chance to surprise the hubbie (opted to stay home since shopping is just torture) and the steppie (had to go earn the great American dollar) by picking up the best of the best from about four different places.   We had Olive Garden salad with breadsticks, BW3 wings, Noodles and Company, and for dessert, an apple pie from McDonalds. 

 
Seriously goes down as one of my greatest ideas ever.
 
Sunday, found us getting our stuff done so we could head out the tiki bar for the afternoon.  A little cool for the jet skis, but we suffered thru.  The band playing for the afternoon was "Chasin Mason".  The best part though was when a little 4 year old decided to go up on stage.  At first he was shy, but once they got "Uptown Funk" going he was a little ham bone.  A bonus to the day was that they had a local restaurant there for you to buy food from.  Before we had to call it a day, I attempted to go find the bald eagle's next.  Once again, I did not.  I really need to pack binoculars.    


Our evening ended with the hubbie grilling up a tenderloin, some sampling of lays potato chips (truffle flavored is still the winner in my world), and of course a trip to the ice cream station. And there you have the last weekend of summer aka before school starts.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment