Monday, September 21, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past - Getting it done

Now let me see what did I do again.....got a whole bunch of shit done. ..I did.   Friday evening was just a late night at work and then the usual chilling.

Saturday...I got in a trip to the feedmill.  Then it was off to the post office to get a return in the mail plus get stamps.  After that we moved my uncle.   Then I waited for the teenager to get home afterwards we went to the meat market, picked up Grandma, dropped off stuff at our local donation center and finally ventured to the outlet mall for some teenage boy shopping.

Outlet mall scores were the fact that candles were on sale 2/$24 and I think I found the perfect bigger wallet at coach.  Oh my and the color...beautiful.  It is basically the Pantone color of the year, Marsala.  Then the teenager ended up with yet another pair of shoes from grandma for his birthday.  I have discovered that our shoe problems come from grandma after seeing her sandal collection.

Our evening was filled with some grilling and watching "Fast and Furious" 1 and 2.  The hubbie has not seen all of them, so we need to get that accomplished before seeing 7.

Sunday..standard house cleaning and grocery shopping.  Then I had a trip to BD for some scrap paper and random non fun house things at Menards.   My boss gave me some nuts to plant some trees.  So I did that in the afternoon and plus got a whole bunch of pictures taken of some clothes we are going to try and sell.  By the time all that was finished it was a quick dinner and I was off to watch the two seniors in the Powder Puff Football game....Forest was "coaching" and Kelso was playing.

Those girls were awesome.  I seriously think they should start a girls flag football team.  A few times they were yelled at by the coaches for being a little rough...and quite possibly all of the freshman may just avoid the seniors for the remainder of the school year.


And it was an even bigger deal that the seniors won for the first time ever in the history of their high school career.



I am so lucky for the amazing school district my son is in and the people who surround him.  I state this also based on what the football team did for a young man with downs syndrome on Friday evening.  The young man, Hunter, was the manager of the football team and a very positive influence.  Arrangements were made with the other team that Hunter would be put in to play.  Like a perfect script, a down ball and a chance for Horicon to make a touchdown.  Horicon steps up and passes the ball to Hunter who makes the touchdown.  The crowd, teams and more importantly Hunter goes crazy.  A beautiful, great hearted thing to do for young man that will surely leave a lasting impression on him for the rest of his life.  Great people, great school....seriously marshmen proud.
 
And speaking of proud with the senior win...I took my seniors out for some ice cream.   Then it was home to decompress and get some well needed rest.
 
How was your weekend...did everyone check mass things off their to do's?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment