Monday, September 28, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past - All Forest

Looking back this whole weekend was all about my Forest.  We had all the homecoming activites plus it was his birthday.
 
It kind of started with Thursday and the cross country meet.
 
Friday evening found me coming home to watch the homecoming parade.



My fave float in the parade happened to be the juniors.  This year's homecoming theme was Halloween.
 
And my Forest and the Miss K.  They were on court this year, so they got to ride in one of the convertibles.  My super extra bonus was one of my fave teachers drove them.  And Forest was super happy he made her cry with the flowers he got to say thank you. 

 
After the parade it was time for the football game.  Since my son is not a football player, this was the first game that I have gone too.  Sadly our football team is not the greatest, but I did get to see the only touchdown of the game made prior to my leaving.
 
The halftime show consisted of a performance by the band of some haunting melodies.  Miss K is way in the back performing her color guard routine.

 
And they announced the Homecoming court...Sadly Forest and Miss K did not get king and queen.

 
Saturday found me running to get the corsage and a stop at Shopko, which resulted in us planting some new ferns in the front of the house.  We have some serious shade going on in our yard, so hopefully these guys will make it.
 
Then it was time to get a teenager dance ready.....such a daper young man if I do say so.

 
Then of course it was the picture time.  This Miss had the most beautiful back on her dress, I just could not resist getting a picture of the detailing.

 
And then of course, Forest and Miss K.  They are adorable.

 
After that was done, I spent time editing pictures, making dinner, and struggling to stay awake to make it to the Grand March.  Once again sadly, they did not get sweetheart couple either.  Honestly that is one award they should have gotten.
 
Sunday found us doing the normal morning run around.  Plus I did a stop at Autumn Art on the Marsh.  My find this year were a hook thing for the kitchen (ok I seriously need to get a picture of this).  It had a chicken, a hook placed on wood.  Anywho, it was cool.  I also got some more body butter from one of the same vendors I did last year.  Their body butter is glorious.
 
In the evening, we celebrated a young man becoming an adult.   Well I also took him in the morning to buy some scratch off tickets...we won a whole dollar.  By his request we had BW3's for dinner and will be eating chicken wings for days.

 
My baby is 18.  It is so hard to believe. Yes, it does feel like yesterday he was standing in the middle of the pumpkin patch showing me a full moon (he was like 6) or we were just moving back to my hometown and I was sending him off to start middle school in a small town.  I am so proud of who he has become, a respectable, honest, smart, caring, and just all around awesome young man.  Goodness I love that kid to pieces...now to see where the journey continues to take him.
 
And that closes out my weekend...may everyone have a lovely week.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment