Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past - Last Lazy Summer Days

A long weekend of some lazy summer days, could pretty much sum up how the weekend went.  A lot of people go out of town for Labor Day, we opted to stay home and chill.  Turns out that was exactly what we needed.

Friday evening I had the fun of helping contribute to my son's dressing up for the Friday night football game. Theme was beach.


The only thing that would have made it better would have been if we had a small inner tube for him to wear.

Saturday, we basically got our normal Sunday stuff done.  I also started working on the kids scrapbooks.   After doing some grilling for dinner, we ended the night with having a little campfire in the backyard.

Extra bonus was that the American Legion had a band on Saturday night and we could hear the music in our backyard. So fire plus background music equaled perfection.

Sunday was stated to be hot and humid.  Of course this meant that we took the jetskis down to the tiki bar.  Our intent was to go to the sandbar first, but it was a little windy on the lake.   We made it to the tiki bar, listened to the band and met a kind of interesting couple.

After having our fill there aka so much sun and too hot need to be in the water, it was time for what could have been the last possible rope swinging of the summer. Yes, I am still holding out hope that I will get out just one more time.


There were tons of kids there.  So it was extra awesome when this "old" lady got up there and swung with the young ones.  And I can say I taught them...or ended up showing them the perfect spot to swing.  Also met this pretty awesome little boy named, Carter. And I teamed up with him to really try and get his friend Maddie to swing.  Sadly though she couldn't get over the climbing part....oh well there is always next year. 
 
Plus we met another couple who works with veterans. The organization that they work with is the Horicon Marsh Wounded Warriors (find them on facebook).  Their organization helps provide and enable veterans to duck hunt on the marsh.  Here was an older article I found talking more about it:
 
 
It was such a great day on the water I was sad to see it end.  Of course, when I got home I tried this....

 
Like it says, who knew...and yes I have never had a Snapple before, life changed.  It was a "grill" pizza for dinner night and early bedtime.  So much sun and fun we were exhausted.
 
Monday started off being rainy, which basically promoted a very lazy day.  I managed to go thru some of my clothes, work on the kids scrapbooks, play fetch with the dogs, and the hubbie took me for appetizers.  Monday in a nutshell.

 
And there you have what could very well be considered the last summery weekend (tear)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment