Monday, April 20, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past

Write this weekend down as gorgeous.  My Friday evening should have started with a little baseball game, but no.  Cancellation due to a bus being unavailable.  Think that will go down as the first time I have heard that one.  Which ended up being ok since I got to hang out by my mom's for a bit and check out the new shoes she bought plus the gold sandals that she found for me.  We also had a little side trip to the ledge....aside from the mosquitos, yes fricken' mosquitos already argh, I did get to see this beauty...

 
Saturday was pretty much all about my son's junior prom.  Except for a morning trip to the feed mill, where I bought a new hummingbird feeder that lights up.  Anyways, prom, prom and more prom.  Forest had a haircut appointment that morning/afternoon and much to my surprise, his barber has land like right next door to my parents "up north".   Talk about a small world.  So of course we had to chit chat about that.  And aside from that his barber shop rocked because he had this on the table...
 
 
For real, that is seriously a book about the birds that are on our favorite boating lake.  Oh and clearly by the cover it has some rocking pictures of the bald eagles that make the Sinissippi their home.
 
After that it was of course the waiting game before the getting ready part, which in boy time is a whole 15 minutes, not hours.
Chuck was very concerned of course and ensured that Forest was rocking his bow tie in the correct manner.  Then it was off to more pictures...
 
Maybe K could just pull him to the prom.



 
They looked absolutely amazing.  Now while they were doing there thing, I got to chill at home with the hubbie and pups.
 
Checked out my flowers

 
Gave random belly rubs in the yard

 
Filled the feeder for our feathered and fluffy (squirrel) friends and...
Chuck even got off the couch to hang out.  Not saying he got off the deck nor he was happy about the picture...but he was outside.
 
And then it was back to Prom for the grand march.  Forest and K were on court.
Have I mentioned they are adorable.  I know they will love reading that.  The rest of my night was spent chilling at home.
 
Sunday our decision to not run the half marathon (sad) was realized. It was decided the day before when we were checking the weather at which at the time stated rain.  Of course, it turned out to be a beautiful day.  Did some work around the house and then hit the local outlet mall with my Forest for some clothes.
 
After that it was just the normal chilling, grilling....some ice cream...and tv viewing with the hubbie.
 
There you have our little weekend that was.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment