Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Time to Work it Out

Well January found me all ready to kick some ass on my working out. With that being said we will just follow that mentality with a little Brittany:
 
First though, I will say I failed at doing the home dvd thing.   Work has been crazy busy resulting in some late evenings.
 
And then there was a moment...which I though would be brief and discovered it was reoccurring.  Hey you know those long runs are there for solving your problems, the world's problems and then plotting various activities.  That reoccurring moment brought me to the conclusion that I will not do a marathon this year.  Note the key words: this year.  This is due to the training.  The training takes a large portion of my time and inhibits me from doing other races due to mileage requirements.  Last year, I can say I was disappointed that I missed out on some of the races I enjoy.  With the change of plans, I decided I will more then likely do 2 half-marathons and focus on some speed work for a few of the 5ks that will be mixed in during the fall.  The April half is still a major go and I will still be chasing a PR.
 
 
Oh the miles those shoes have taken me and the sights that we have seen together.  And now onto how the month went.
 
Week 5: 3 run days with 2 strength days.  This week my speed work out was longer, but I got a cut back week on the long run.
 
Week 6:  3 run days, 2 strength days, and 1 bike day aka active rest day.  Big change this week was the addition of biking on Friday while I did my long run on Saturday.
 
Week 7: 3 run days, 2 strength days, and 1 bike day again.  Aside from adding an extra mile to my long run, I also extended my Monday run by a mile.
 
Week 8:  This is going down right now.  So far there are 2 run days and 1 lift day under my belt.  I will be doing another lift day tomorrow.  Then will be skipping biking this week to do the long run on Friday.  Long run this week though is a mileage cut back week, but the miles will be done at my goal race pace....and to that I say, bring it, I got this shit handled.
 
And there you have my little month recap...until next month.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment