Monday, February 2, 2015

Ghosts of my Weekend Past

Hope everyone out there is recovering from their superbowl party time on this Monday morning.  Goodness what a game, more on that to come.

Friday, Friday....I worked late, yeah.

Saturday.   Due to an impeding possible snowstorm thought it would be in the best interest to get some Sunday activities done, basically the grocery shopping.  Plus I wanted to go to the natural food store and check to see if they had essential oils.  After a very rough week with the furry kids, going to give the whole essential oil thing a try.  If that doesn't work someone, like me, may just get a sedative at night.  While I was there of course I had "brunch".   Their chef is amazing....look at that glorious bacon, cheese, quiche.

 
Later in the evening we ventured out to one of the local bars for some pizza.  Then it was back home for a little movie watching.  Movie of choice was "Sleepy Hollow".  Let me tell it was so good that both the steppie and hubbie fell asleep.  We will just blame that on the pizza. 
 
Sunday with the whole snow storm upon us, we did our morning cleaning and then this girl beat feet for a little skiing.
Notice those footprints...I was not the only crazy out.  Picture on the right was looking out into the marsh.  In that area the wind was pretty brutal.

Something dug itself in for some warmth.


 
It is so quiet and peaceful out there in the winter.
 
After I got my ski on it was time to head home for a little superbowl dinner and weekly food prep.  I tried my best to embrace my inner Steph.  With help from the steppie, we managed to make superbowl dinner (sloppie joes, bacon wrapped tater tots, Oreo balls and fudgy white chocolate brownies),  crockpot chicken breasts with green chilies, and Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes.  We were cooking and baking like bosses.
 
Now on the whole baking/cooking thing. I have to say that we ended up with a total pinterest fail with the fudgy white chocolate brownies.  There had to be something missing in the recipe that we used because it was brown on the top and dough all the way thru.   The bacon wrapped tots were yummie.  Hopefully I can get you that recipe soon.
 
Then it was Superbowl time.  Really I was pretty much tinkering around during the entire thing.  Didn't really see much of the commercials.  The few that I did...did not leave a lasting impression and I thought they were kind of depressing. 
 
Of course, there was the halftime show.  Katy Perry did a great job.  I wish Lenny Kravitz would have played and sang longer.  That man is amazing.  Missy Elliot did a fantastic job also.  To who I feel were the real stars of the half time show....
katy perry sharks
Our friends the sharks.  It appears in this picture one is giving her a little pat on the bootie...oh.  Back it up getting a little frisky with those fins. Guess who just found her Halloween idea for next year.
 
Lastly, who can forget the fight or more like bar brawl at the end, talk about going out with a bang.
 
And, then that would be the end of the weekend....so hidey ho it is back to work we go.
 
Happy Monday
 

1 comment:

  1. You go on the food prepping!

    Such pretty photos! I love the peace and quiet after a newly fallen snow.

    It's a disgrace for grown professionals to brawl at the end of the freaking Super Bowl. Grow up. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

    I thought Missy stole the halftime show. She's awesome.

    ReplyDelete