Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Catching up....

Pardon the little hiatus that just kind of happened over here. Let's get caught up shall we. 

The weekend before last was a shopping weekend.  Let's just say it was a lets get all this darn in store Christmas shopping done. And this year we opted to give the teens half of there Christmas money ahead and let them shop for their gifts.  The intent was to then put them under the tree to unwrap.  Clearly the intent did not work and they got half of their presents...the ones they picked out.  Needless to say this will not happen again next year.  

In our little shopping spree...did stumble upon the motherload of ugly Christmas sweaters at Rue21.
 
The remainder of the Christmas shopping was done last week.  A few things that are left are simple food gifts or things that were in the process of being made.  Or something I was waiting to use the Kohls cash or Target card I earned on.
 
Wisconsin then graced us with a wonderful snow storm on Monday  Seriously, I know I live in Wisconsin, but for some reason this just appears to be a little to early for all this.  The Winter switch flipped instantly sometime in mid-November.

 
Thanksgiving day we followed our standard tradition and had some Papa Murphys pizza. Then I had to rest to join the little bro for his first black Friday experience.  I know, that I swore off Black Friday when suddenly it became a Thursday thing...which I scored an awesome deal online Thursday at 6 AM by the way.  No need to go out of the house. Love that.  Anyways...little bro Black Friday experience really wasn't that bad.   Cabellas it was.
My conversation with the hubbie.  I don't need anything just going along to watch. Oh and it was like 8 degrees out there. They did a great job with handing out hot chocolate though to everyone in line. Plus living here long enough and knowing how to dress wasn't even cold.  Now anyways, for someone who didn't need anything, well except fudge because that is a given, and a person who just wanted to look at guns and bows...I did not fair well.  Ok maybe I did because I ended up with a new hoodie plus some warm fuzzy socks.  Whoops. May have to break down and bring everyone a fashion post...because my sock style is stellar folks. 
 
After our little Cabellas adventure, had to get breakfast.  My priority was where do they serve cocktails at this time of day aka 7:30am.  Hey by this time I was up for like 5-6 hours which aside from what the clock said it could be technically considered afternoon.  Day drinking like a pro.
Rum with Pineapple Orange juice...the perfect breakfast drink.
 
Then a nap and s fish fry with the hubbie and of course...
Now since I am not a beer drinker and wine really does not happen in bars here...I am on the quest for the perfect bar drink. Not to sweet, not to sour blah blah.  Working on it.  When I find it you all will know.
 
Saturday was a day of nothingness...which was glorious.  The littles came over in the morning, in which we made an attempt at these grow creatures. 
It took days aka this was taken Monday night for them to get this big.  Then in the afternoon until evening I worked on my son's scrapbook and watched "The Purge 2".
 
Sunday was our Thanksgiving, in which I took no pictures (bad).  We crashed the uncles house again.  It is so much fun.  We had so much food and all the time spent with the family is always a highlight.  Wish there was a way to put all the glory into words.
 
Now let's take a look at the life of a puppy....with our latest addition we have had to make some changes to out feeding.  Where there is not more free feeding.  They get fed twice a day and this works since one dog is to fat, one is too skinny and one  is just right. Kind of like the three little bears except they are our three little pups.
+
 
 Little man was treat to his very first puppy paw.  Welcome to the happy puppy palace little man.  We will try to overlook that you unstuffed one of the couch cushions, yes it happened and shit there were no pictures.
 
Punishment for said act....being dressed up by your mommie in a spongebob sweater.

 
And I think we can finally say that Little Man and Chuck have sorted out there differences or like the hubbie said maybe Chuck just likes the warmth.

 
Oh they are the cutest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment