Monday, December 8, 2014

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

Honestly am I one of the few people who leave all decorating until December.  I will always wait for the first weekend in December to do any decorating. 

Friday evening I worked on getting a little bit more of my Christmas shopping done. I had a crazy amount of kohl's cash to spend from the week before plus coupons.  Honestly I was hoping that they would pay me, but that didn't work out so well.  At least my whole bill was $25.   Seriously want to tell everyone more, but hey that would ruin Christmas, which is no fun.

Saturday we had to get up early to take the steppie to her wrestling meet...and I discovered that one of my fave breakfast places is open that early.  So of course, I had to talk the hubbie into it.  Places are so different earlier in the day, peaceful.   Then the rest of the morning was spent doing errands.  Believe my afternoon was consumed with getting my calendars and planners in order for next year
Inadvertently I ended up getting the same wall calendar style as last year.  And I will be testing out a new planner this year, the Emily Ley.  I am very excited for that.  Watch for my thoughts as I get going with this...it is kind of different from this years.

The afternoon led me to running and picking up the Ava monster, so she could play with the boys.  Or should I say give someone for Little Man to play with when Chuck gets tired.  Ava is doing a great job of kicking his butt. 
 
In the evening since we had to go pick up the steppie, we decided to hit our fave Mexican restaurant for a little dinner and margarita.
 
Sunday morning of course found us running our normal errands and then the afternoon, we went out for a little blog picture taking session.  I can just say this, I am well aware now why there are very few fashion bloggers in Wisconsin.  It is too darn cold to be sitting outside taking pictures outside.  Glad I only dabble in the whole what did I wear moments.
 
Here are some candids caught by my photographer aka the steppie.


 Yep, that would be the river iced over.  Surprisingly though there is some open water right now.

 
The remainder of the afternoon was spent decorating for Christmas.

Now I am sure that you can not miss the green all over the light in the background.  That was deemed the hubbies tree aka creation.
Yep it is kind of an awkward thing made with left over branches and one lonely ornament.  Plus we kind of have to ensure that the light is not left on for any great period of time.  Just being on the safe side.
 
That pretty much wrapped up the weekend...now counting down the days to Christmas and some days off work.
 

 
 


#Blogmas14
 

No comments:

Post a Comment