Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Weekend that was....

Then there was the moment of reflecting back on the weekend to determine what I actually got accomplished because it truly felt like a whole lot of nothing.  
 
Friday found my bum planted in front of the tv binge watching the final episodes of American Horror Story season 3.  The fact that I actually sat there and watched tv for more then an hour is a miracle.  American Horror Story is the bomb though.  Those writers are seriously a little messed in the head.  Now to get caught up with season 4.
 
Saturday morning was breakfast with my mommie, daddie and the littles prior to my parents' departure to warmer weather.  And I really wanted them to try the restaurant in the natural food store that I love.  Think it was a little too much for them, but I still had an amazing breakfast.

 
The rest of Saturday was spent shopping, like for the majority of the day shopping.  Goodness it was a long one. 
 
Then we celebrated my fluff-a-muffins 9th birthday on Saturday night.
 
Super special diner.  The hubbie loves this picture with Bullet's eyes super wide.  He was so excited because he had super special from the can dog food.


 
And finally one of his birthday presents...a sock monkey, which he proceeded to carry everywhere he went including outside to the bathroom until he eviscerated it, of course.
 
Sunday morning was spent running.  It was in a city that is relatively close to home. 
 
It has been such a long time that I explored around this town.  Quite a bit has a changed and getting to see three miles of it just made me want to come back another day for some more exploring.

 
Quick snapshot from a part of the run.  Yes, it was so pretty I just had to stop especially since I passed up two other picture perfect points earlier in the race.  Hello, I was racing this time.  Which meant I had a hope.  Turned out to only be a hope though and did not make the time I was hoping for.  And I was not stopped long enough to make a difference.    This race though gave me a good idea where I was at base wise and what I need to do to go forward.  Over the last year I have had a marathon brain only, just looking to make the long runs.  In the next year after my miles are back at a comfortable level, I will be focusing one day specifically on getting faster.  If I would have hit my hope, I would have grabbed 2nd in my age group. 

 
 L also joined me at this run.  We will just say she PR'd for this season since she can shave a few seconds off of her time for her attempting to be an over achiever and taking the longer way around one of the bends. 
 
With the base now laid, it is time to crack down and get back to training hard.  Work Hard, Play Hard.
 
Sunday evening was spent with the littles.   We went thru the fleet farm toy catalog to determine what they "needed" for Christmas.  You know this is important since it is October.  Yep, toyland is open and it is October.  Pretty soon they will be pushing Christmas in August.  Santa better have a pretty big wallet this year.
 
 
Then to not hamper their schedules too much, Auntie slept at their house. Structure/consistency is very important in our family.  All of us kind of thrive on it.   Now what happens when auntie sleeps over...

 
We put up a tent to sleep in; in the living room.  Because really what fun is it just going to sleep in your bed when we can camp out in the living room. Oh and leave it for a surprise when your dad gets home....to only have seen his face.
 
Even with feeling like I got nothing accomplished, it was a glorious weekend filled with so many of my favorite things.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment