Monday, October 13, 2014

Home is where the Heart is

Home.  Still today I find myself amazed at the fact that once again I ended up back in the small town that I grew up in.  My son attends the high school that I did, my parents are still in the same spot and my little brother still hangs his hat in that small town.  Home is where the heart is and clearly my heart was always in this small town hence why I was drawn back.  This last weekend was homecoming in our in little town.  My weekend revolved around that, doing a quick run, and spending time with my family.

Homecoming

Of course it can not begin without a parade.  Then we have to busy ourselves with the dance for the kids.   And I can say hands down being mom to a boy 10x's easier then a girl.  We can get him from couch sitter to dapper young in about 30 minutes tops...boom. Done.


 K's dress was beautiful on her.  I got a little sneak preview before Forest too.  He didn't even have an idea of the color until after I picked up the flowers on Saturday.  And sounded like aside from a little glitch in their dinner plan, they had a great time.
 
Running
Say what, how can someone go from doing a marathon a week ago to doing yet another run.  I am basing it on the fact that I trained right.  This last weekend was a run that I did two years ago, PR'd at and had an absolute blast, so there was no way I wanted to pass it up.  Last year was canceled due to the government shut down.  The race is ran on the federal side of the marsh...thank you very much federal government for me missing out on a race last year. And onto this year...
 The shirt this year was great.  Had to snapshot it and send it to my parents since they are snowbirds and will be running very, very, very soon to Arizona and warm temps.
This year I actually ran it with L.  This was fantastic since I really needed to not "race" it and I am hoping she enjoyed having some push her a little bit.  Oh and we beat the one girl we were chasing for the win (all in fun of course).
 
It was beautiful sunny day this year, in which I had the chance to take in some of the glorious views from the trail we ran on.  Plus another perk of this race, at the end you are treated to caramel apples, apple cider and cheese and sausage.  This girl will definitely be back next year...to race.
 
Fall Treats
On the way to the race I stopped at an Apple Orchard to pick up apple delicious goodness for everyone.  And if you saw my facebook status, you will now know that torture is sitting in the car with two warm pies that you cannot eat due to you running in 30 minutes.  Longest 30 minutes of my life, right there.

Check out those apples...craziness.
 
Sunday
Clearly if you have been around here long enough you know that Sunday is house cleaning, family dinner day.   Except this weekend I added in torturing, I mean dressing up the dogs in one their Halloween costumes while decorating.
 
Plus we got our pumpkins, in which I took no pictures, and some crazy squash to try at our Sunday family dinner.  Which was another round of winner, winner chicken dinner sampling.
 
My take away this time around was I liked the raspberry chipotle. One of the flavors I had never tried before. Along with our chicken was funeral potatoes, coleslaw from KC, and some apple pies I picked up.  Oh and, an acorn squash for everyone to try.  The conclusion on the acorn squash was make again.
 
Overall, it was an absolutely beautiful weekend and I got to run a little.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment