Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Dream Job - Blogtober14

Helene in Between Blogtober

What was your dream job growing up and what is it now?
 
For as a long as I can remember, it was to be a teacher.  Looking back on this now, it makes sense.  I love kids, love watching people learn new things and love summer.  See now if I would have followed thru and been a teacher, I could have cruised the country in an RV or something all summer long.  Chasing dreams and creating adventures.
 
Then life throws you a big curve ball and clearly I am not a teacher.  In a round about way I do get to teach people things in my current job, but the worst is I don't get summers off.  Boo.  Which is totally cool since having this job led me to discover that I love analytics.  Which means if I could be teaching/helping people and indulge my analytical side my dream today would be a psychologist or psychiatrist working with kids to get thru their struggles.   To often I hear/see kids who are run thru the systems and the people chosen to represent them are just doing to further themselves versus doing it for the kids. 
 
So someone please wave a magic wand and poof me into that dream job.
 

2 comments:

  1. I say we start a petition for ALL jobs to have summers off. Am I right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Diana - I'm in for 100% summer offs!

    ReplyDelete