Monday, September 23, 2013

Falling, Falling for Fall

After my complete and utter love for the summer months (blaming this on the boat peeps), I really was not ready to to let summer go.  This last weekend helped give me the little push I needed to move onto to Fall.  Costume shopping, scary movie, and Autumn art on the marsh.

The hubbie and myself took the opportunity to have a date day on Saturday plus get my monthly shopping for the house done.  Aside from going to Target, which is really just fun for me, we also stopped at Halloween Express.  Figuring what we were going to be for Halloween and buying the costumes right away, bonus.  Patience you will need to wait and see.  It's only 30 plus days away. 

After that we explored World Market.  It was the hubbie's first time there. He loved it. We have decided to celebrate Germanfest in October with a feast from World Market. We are such foodies. We even think we found our dream entertainment center. A few things we picked up:

Squirrel   :)
 
After a whole bunch of shopping, it was off to indulge ourself in a huge tub of popcorn and a scary movie. 
 

OH this was just as good as the first one. Listening to the others gasp etc in the movie theater actually just made this better. Of course, the Hubbie said he saw the end coming.

Sunday was yet another glorious day here in Wisconsin.  We took the chance to get some one year anniversary pictures taken. My idea of course. Thank goodness my Forest is game for clicking the button and my hubbie tolerates the crazy ideas.  Here are some of the outtakes.  Final decision will be shared soon.
 One of the few shots you will see with me in this dress.  Wow did I look prego in the thing.  People would have thought it was a different type of announcement.

 Oh let the sunshine down before I grab that camera from you, my little forest.
 My awesome forest
 

Oh yeah we look like some big bad asses right here.

After all that fun in the morning, did my errand running.  So I could meet up with the little brother and nephews for Autumn Art on the  Marsh.  This is a little craft fair that they have in our hometown.

 The boys and their new snakes

 Checking out apple suncatchers.  Last week was apple week at daycare.
These were made out of tiny stones.  Very awesome.  Ended up buying a turtle. Now wishing I would have got the dog too.
 
Sunday evening brought experimental dinner to the table.  Marinated Chicken breast from Leroy Meats and chicken breasts marinated in the chimichurri sauce grilled by the hubbie. Along with some balsamic roasted carrots and Gnocchi in a mushroom cream sauce.
World Market GnocchiMushroom and Gorgonzola Sauce recipe from Martha Stewart
 
This was an absolutely successful, delicious, experimental dinner night.
 
We also came to the conclusion that Sunday was vest day.  Everyone's brain was thinking the same thing, no coordination required.
 

Thumbs up...Vest Day, boom!
 
Happy Monday, lovelies
Dawn Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment