Monday, July 13, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past - Hanging Around

Well now, this weekend was fairly laid back to say the least, things to do and no where to go. Friday evening, after working way to long for a Friday, we had the in depth conversation of no kids what to eat....Chinese and Egg Drop soup for the win.  Yes, it was like 80 degrees and I was eating egg drop soup.  Plus I found a new fave, delicious dish at the Chinese restaurant.  The name ? Well all I know is that it has the word "fun" in it.

Saturday morning, we had a bunch of running around to get done. Which sucked big time since the hubbie and I felt like donkey doo with our allergies.  First up was a trip to get parts for the jetski since it was being moodier than a woman on her period. All it took was pulling up outside of the place and I knew we were in trouble...look at all the fun toys.
Yes, I may be overanalyzing the cost efficiency and safety of driving a motorcycle versus my zippie to work.  The green one of course, the blue ones santa needs to bring for the littles. After our little shopping excursion, it was off to the feedmill and the meat market.  The hubbie has also determined that going to the feedmill is really just social hour with the lovely little old couple that own the place.  Next time we will bring coffee. 
 
After all that running around, we got the jetski fixed and finished up a project I have been wanting to do.....adding trellis in front of the grill so the dogs do not get tangled...because when you have a horrible headache there is nothing better to do than play with power tools.
 
I managed to squeeze in a quick nap. Note this is only quick because the chiweenie can not hold still for 5 seconds to allow me to sleep.  With my failed attempts, we opted to run the jetski down to the tiki bar.
 
 
Sangria...makes the headache all better.  Plus the jetski ran awesome. Saturday found us closing the evening with binge watching "Falling Skies".
 
Sunday morning started with the normal.  On the way back from the grocery store, we did stop at the wildlife refuge.   They have a sculpture of a wooly mammoth and hunter on display.
 
 
Both of these are "life-size" and made of metal.  Hoenestly I have no idea how any hunter would take on a mammoth with just a spear, I felt rather small standing next to it.  Maybe that is what happened back in the day when you got hangry.
 
Then I took some time to finally bake up some goodies for my work peeps.  No idea what they will be called yet, but since I am getting some thumbs up I will share the recipe here shortly.
 
Afternoon then found us heading out to the tiki bar for some music, cocktails and waiting for the teenagers to go play on the rope swing for a bit.
 
And no one got hurt.  Sunday came to an end with family dinner and two teenagers diligently working on taking their boating exam.  Guess jetskiing is pretty cool after all.
 
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment