Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Plum Paper Weekly Planner

 
Well hello, I am finally getting to my next planner post.  Things have been a little caddywhompus around these parts. As I stated before when it comes to scheduling and notes, I am still a pen and paper kind of girl. My planner is basically my bible.  Thoughts, ideas, possible events, to do's, you name it, it all starts in my planner before it hits the main house calendar or anyone's Google calendar. 
 
As I said in my last planner post, within the last year, I was on a quest for more of a "me" planner.  The 2014 planner was the "Mom's Plan It".  I used the "Mom's Plan-It" for years and it was always good to me except the time came where my life outgrew it.  
 
I stumbled on this planner from someone's blog.  And I apologize over and over again I can not recall whose blog, so super sorry.  If it was you and you are reading this...Thank you!
 
Alright let's line up and hold hands again for our walk thru of the Plum Paper Planner.
 
First up, the cover.  I love the designs that are available for the cover. And this year for me seems to be triangles.  The coil binding is super strong.  The only thing I don't like related to the cover is the plastic sheet. I understand it is there to protect the actual cover, but mine is kind of curling up. End of the day it does it job.
 
Now to the insides.... 

Same everyday planner introduction page..hey every planner needs one.


Next up 2015 yearly calendar.   While this is nice...I actually don't use this. If you do, let me know how.
 


Each month has its own divider with coated tabs.  The paper is heavy cardstock for the divider.


After the tab is a lined page for notes for the month.  Currently I am using it for things that I want to remember is going on or I may need to look at that I am not sure I want placed into my month just yet.
 
I have heard of some people creating or using dashboards for more direction in their months.  I may look at that a little closer and incorporate it into one of those pages.

 
 
Next is the month view. I find that I have more than enough room to write the events in the squares. I don't use or really have not used the birthdays, events, notes sidebar yet.
 
Also the circles are how I keep track of when my children are by us or the other parent.  These are stickers that were purchased separately.
 
 
For my layout I choose the Horizontal layout with the weekly notes.  My notes page I use mainly for things that I need to do throughout the week or projects that may not be assigned to a specific day.  I love the layout that they have.
 
 
With this planner, you are able to choose add on sections.  For my add on sections I choose the "My Home" and "Blog". The divider to start the section is the same as the monthly sections.


Next in the home section is a place to put quotes, milestones or unforgettable moments.


Next is two pages for you to write your bills and track payments.  Being a spreadsheet queen, I do already have this in spreadsheet form.  I am using though basically as a double check and if a computer is not readily available.

Then there is the monthly cleaning list.  Which as you can see I turned into a monthly cleaning/To Do's.  Some items I only do in certain quarters or months so I have tried to create quarterly segments and blocked out the months where that task would irrelevant. I need to find a better way to do this though because in this one...it is a little messy....maybe a ruler.
 
 


Then you have an actual project to do list.  I am currently using this for one time projects or things that I truly only do once a year. And I have also turned into a " Books I would like to Read" or "movies I would like to see" lists.


There is also a shopping list.  So far though I am not using this.  There are four pages.  This may be useful for your "wishlist" or large purchase items since there is a spot for want vs. need.
 


Gift list - self explanatory
 


There is a spot for monthly goals and passwords.  Have not used the monthly goal section yet.


Within this section is also an area for budget information. Again I am a spreadsheet girl, so I actually don't use this.
 


The last page in the Home section is for important contacts.  The other addition that I had added to the planner was the "Blog" section.


For each month (you have to label them) there is a section for websites and inspiration, blog to do's, post ideas, and the final post schedule.  I added in a mini month calendar to note when I want to post and what I did post. 
 
 


You will also find a spot to record your income and expenses for your blog.
 


There is also another entire section of pages dedicated to all the wonderful post ideas that you may have.
 



The next page gives you the chance to track your monthly blog tasks.  I was using mine for "reoccurring" posts that I do.  There is then a page for blog stat tracking.


You also get another To Do list section within the Blog section.
 


There are also pages to tack your sponsors and advertisers.
 


Plus a spot for tracking giveaways and reviews.
 


The end of the planner has an area for you to note special dates.  If you notice the side of the left page above, there is a piece of washi tape on it.  I made make shift tabs, so I could find certain pages within each of the sections.


Also towards the end there is another section for your contacts, plus the US Holidays for the past, current and future year.

 
At the very end you have the calendar for the next year and also a fold section for important information (or really cute stickers).
 
And there you finally have my guided tour of the Plum Paper Planner. Now what I would change would be making the cover a little more solid and I would not get the blog section ( I just don't use it to it's full advantage) instead I would have lined pages added in by the months. My overall all opinion....I love it and will be ordering again next year with the changes.  Which the ability to change and the flexible options from Plum Paper is what makes this planner a win.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the lined pages added in at the months, that's what I did!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete