Monday, June 8, 2015

Ghosts of Weekend Past - Hello Summer

This last weekend finally felt like summer arrived.   After doing some errands on Saturday morning, we finally took the boat out for the first time of the year.  When we left it was a little chilly, but by the end of the afternoon we were kind of bummed we left the jetski home. 
 
 
Another thing I was doing while we were driving out was scoping out some places to hide some geocaches.  Of course, they will represent our love of the water.

 
Here is how the sandbar looked when we arrived.  We got some stellar parking.

 
And I got to test out the fish that I got for my nephews.  We learned that the positioning of the tail is very important.  Once we were lucky to find it and then twice it scared the living daylights out of steppie and me by popping up when we thought it was gone.
 

Soon though everyone else realized the beautiful day and we had company.  A little beer pong action going on too.
 
Since when we left we thought it would be to cold to literally chill in the water, we left the big floaties at home.  So in a lame attempt, this was our makeshift raft.

 
Clearly the water was cold and our raft was a fail.

 
And a day would not be complete without a stop at Skalliwags before heading home.


 
Sunday...house cleaning, shopping...and packing for Mexico.  Yeah I am basically finished.  For someone who loves traveling, I sure do hate packing.  Oh and I would like to close with "thanking" my husband for getting me to watch "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix.  An additional underlying factor why it took me hours to get my packing close to done.   Guess what I may be watching on the plane...yeah.
 
And with all that said...Adios, see you all when I have sunned my bum.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I also love traveling but hate packing! I hear you.

    Looks like a great weekend! It's finally summery around here too.

    ReplyDelete