Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Ghosts of Weekend Past - A Three Dayer


 
Friday was the hubbie's birthday. So I made a quick stop on the way home to grab a cake and stumbled on the above puppie cake.  Now I did get him a more grown cake too...but that one was so darn cute.

Jersey Street Music Fest was happening this weekend and being directed to a specific band on Friday evening we ventured down for our local music fest.  I can say much to my disappoint the music/band was being held within the dance hall. When I think of a fest I think of dancing and the bands in the street not in a hall.  While I understand that the focus of the organization putting on the event has been the restoration of this hall (which is a majorly great thing for the community) to shift the music fest to an indoor concert feel was disappointing for me.  I would understand utiliziling the hall as a back up area in case of bad weather or for the evening bands only, so they would not disrupt the neighbors.  Which I guess Friday evening late, dance hall would make sense.  We stayed and listened from outside in the cool, skeeter laced air illuminated by the patio lights that cast a yellow glow making it feel as if you were lounging in a backyard.

On Saturday, we switched things up a bit with rainy weather in the forecast and decided to get a start on the house cleaning.  It is has been too long since we did the major house cleaning game and I can tell you that the house really needed it.  You know the moment after it is done and your are like yesss this feels great.   In the midst of the cleaning the little bro showed up and grabbed us to go up to the parade that was being done in conjunction with the Jersey Street Music Fest.  

 After that we headed down to the park to grab some lunch from the Taste of Horicon event that was going on.  Sadly there were no cupcakes this year, but I did manage a chicken burrito. In case you didn't know the chicken choice makes the burrito healthy and then there may have been a piece of apple pie.  They also head a petting zoo and some local businesses and artists.  I got to get super close to a tortoise and took a selfeie with a llama for the win (yeah that went on snapchat and I forgot to download, genius I know). 

  I got to make the really cool tile thing at one of the artist stations.  Turns out she is from Horicon and just getting started in pottery or throwing on the wheel.  Now since I am a total pottery lover, I got to have some great conversation related to pottery.  Saturday the music was in the dance hall, the weather man was predicting rain.  Thankfully though it missed us and we were able to sit outside at the event. As much as I love the Jersey Street Music fest, I was saddened that the bands were moved indoors.  I felt that it took away a portion of the festing experience aka walking around eating and laying on a blanket chilling, enjoying summer, listening to the bands .

After our afternoon festing and since the house was clean....I decided to give the dogs a bath.  Our bullet loves a bath.  Then it was a stop at the parents house to drop off my dad's birthday and fathers' day present and I went for a walk with my parents.  The evening closed with us watching some Jurassic park to get ready for the new movie viewing which was planned to go down on Monday.

Sunday the main plan was to be out on the water, so after some early morning grocery shopping and doing a few other things we headed out.  Sadly the jetski had a few problems, so the hubbie ended up as a no go. He was hell bent and determined to get the jetski fixed.  The steppie and myself headed out though with the littles and my bro.  Sunday an aqua car (sorry not sure if that is the official name for them was at the sandbar)  Very cool until they got kind of stuck in the mud.

And here are a few more sunshiney snippets from our Sunday.
 
Now Monday I had the day off also...dental appointments in the morning for the family, we grabbed some breakfast and managed to do some shopping.  We also checked out Nordstrom Rack for our first time.  Maybe I am cheap, but I was taken back by some of the prices.  Forest created a little game for us in the shoe section of "what's the sale price and then the real price".  It was crazy.  Also, took the steppie to check out World Market plus she bought something with her very own money from her very first paycheck.
 
The evening found us going to see Jurassic World.  All I am going to say is that it was good...since I don't want to give anyone any spoilers and I, of course, ate way too much popcorn to the point of feeling sick, yet again.
 
And check it out we have the longest dog ever...it takes eight legs for him to move around
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment