Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ode to the Weekend

Oh my dear weekend such a love hate relationship we have.  Just last week I expressed here, Weekend Shenigans, how if you continued I would die of fun exhaustion.  Congrats on yet another stellar performance.  And on that note, let's review the chaos.

FRIDAY
Started off on a light note with one  of the steppie's bucket list items being checked off at Crystal Creek.

 
SATURDAY
Saturday morning brought a seven mile run for me.  Oh and did this suck.  Really nothing else on this one.  It just sucked.

Swagtime. What is this you ask find the long story here: Swag Time.  Short version: the nickname for our boat. I came to the conclusion water plus boat equals amazeballs. 

Hanging on the sandbar. Check out my floating skills.  Ha and these people were making fun of me for bringing two kiddie innertubes.   Little bragging time now.  People loved the Swag Time. They were checking our girl out.  Yeah she's peach.  Be jealous.
Also tested out the new waterproof/underwater camera.  Check out those results....green.  Really it works awesome.  I love love that I do not have to worry about my camera getting wet.  The fact that you can see nothing underwater now that may concern me just slightly. 
Of course boating day is not complete without a stop at Scallywags.  Cocktails. And excuse me maam' do you know why I pulled you over. The flavored pretzel crisps?  Had to be.
 
Now after a little liquid courage, we had the great idea of trying out tubing. 

Take notice who was up first.  Yeah that would have been me.  Thankfully they didn't kill me.  Which encouraged the steppie to hop on.   We had so much fun tubing.  Only the girls stepped it up this time.  Next time we will work harder on the boys.
 
And last but definetly not least.....embracing our inner child.

At the rope swing. This was so scary and sooo much fun. 
 
 
SUNDAY
Now onto Sunday.  You would think after Saturday we would have had enough.  Not in our world.  I go to work to rest.  Well at least that is what I am going with right now.  Bright and early Sunday (7:30am) found me calling the liquor store to find out what time they open.  Yeah the person on the phone was surprised.  What do you want from me...1) I had no cocktails for the Brewer Game and 2) really wanted donuts for breakfast.  So now why would I want to run to the grocery store twice.  Time was of the essence as we had a Brewer Game on schedule.
These are the racing sausages.  After the 6th inning (I think) they race around the field.  Go HOT DOG!!  He even almost won.  Got beat today by that darn polish sausage.  Here they were being interviewed for a show on the Travel Channel called Fandemonium. 
View from our awesome seats.  Ricki Weeks up to bat.
And the little bro and I even climbed the rock wall on the dew deck.
 
An absolute gorgeous day for some baseball with the family.
 
 Wrap It UP
Now time to do a quick wrap up, just in case you fell asleep at some point, of our winners, losers and the injury report of the game we call the weekend.
 
Winners: Crystal Creek Dairy Malts,  Cocktails, Tubing, Rope Swings, Sandbars, Swag Time, Baseball
Losers: Sorry everyone is a winner in this glorious game called the weekend.
 
And now the injury report.....Steppie - none, Little Bro - hurt back (not related to any of the above events, we will try harder next time), Hubbie - broken finger (rope swing), bruised rib, Me - minor scrapes (falling off the pier, left that out I did, really no words. I fell in, enough said).
 
With that being said, wrapping that one up as a major awesome super great time. Now time to rest.
 
 
 photo 34ba9c4e-39f4-42b9-adb5-4d3c79ee5ca3_zps03f7ef7a.jpg

Linking up with
 
Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment