Tuesday, July 9, 2013

On the water weekend

Hello Tuesday.  Now even though once again last night I somewhat got consumed by yet another episode of  "The Following" (more on that here). Then the little excursion to my little bros house.  That little excursion though will be bringing some huge news to our family.  Hold on to your britches, send some well wishes/prayers our way that this news does not fall thru.  Seriously just want to scream it out on here, argh. Patience.  

Alrighty let's just get to the point of this whole wonderful little blog post I got going on here.  Which would be the weekend.  Saturday morning marked the first "official" (this really means no more skipping, get your butt in gear) day for my half marathon training.

 
Breakfast of champs right there(english muffin with peanut butter and mommie's homemade jam).  And me looking all nice and fresh pre 7 mile run.  Sorry folks no after picture...no one wants to see that.  If you do..no words.
 
Since kicking my own butt once is never enough...bring on the kayak.  Perfect day to take the steppie out in the kayak.  And do some....

 
Our end destination today again was my little bro's house on the river.  We actually had a mission.  Pick some mulberries for pie.
Sorry didn't get a picture of the glorious pie. Getting the stems off of these things is definetly a challenge.  Here is what your feet end up looking like to after. 
Purple feeters
 
After running, kayaking, baking...it was off to visit a friend of mine(BJ) at his parent's house for a little BBQ.  Sorry for the lack of pictures here.  Feel a little awkward taking tons of pictures around new people.  BJ's parents have a house on the lake.  Oh my goodness it was beautiful.  His parents are absolutely wonderful.  One of the things that completely amazed me about their house was when they built they had to take down some old oak(I think) trees.   They repurposed them into the floors in the house.  Love that.
 
Now yet another reason I completely fell in love with his mom. Her totally rocking out the whole let's go boating theme.  She had a basket with a captains hat and a crazy catfish.  This accompanies them everytime they go on the boat.  Amazeballs.  Confirmation that I am not the only crazy person who loves to do stuff like that.  Now some moments....
Hubbie and me

BJ, the actual captain, and me...check out the crazy catfish.
 
Way up in that tree was a bald eagles nest.  No one was home today though.
Ended our Saturday with fireworks (that we got to watch from the boat).  Thank you BJ and your amazing family for a wonderful day and making us feel so welcome.
 
Now Sunday, was the standard do the house stuff kind of day...boring.  After my steppie received some sad news. The little bro decided she need to let loose for a bit.Thank you little bro (we think) for such a great idea.
 
Oh how I love summer weekends.  Family , friends, food, and fun times.
  
 
 photo 34ba9c4e-39f4-42b9-adb5-4d3c79ee5ca3_zps03f7ef7a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment