Monday, June 17, 2013

Rockin' the Jersey Street Music Fest

Festing equals hanging around, eating food, drinking, people watching, listening to music.  Now that is a pretty awesome way to spend a Saturday.  We completely rocked the Jersey Street Music fest in my little town. 

People watching. Everyone does it and enjoys it. Hey you know it. You just have to embrace and admit it.  Now this can consume hours in itself, especially when festing.  Out of all of our people watching, the big winner would be:   the lovely older lady in white who was doing Tai Chi (we think) in the parking lot.   No care in the world just being her.  Awesome.

Granted I know that alot of people like beer.  I am not one of those people though. In our little world we prefer to fest with a cocktail in hand.  So due to lack of options (hold onto to your seats here), I had some Spotted Cow Beer.  The hubbie couldn't believe it. I never, ever, never, like ever have beer. Later on though we did run home and fill a cooler with some select beverages to carry us thru the remainder of the day.

Food. Now this in my opinion is the number one reason to fest.  Different organizations and restaurants had food booths.   From what we could tell there was not a duplicate of food anywhere.  Once I discovered the booth with the walking tacos.  It was all downhill from there.  Think I had about three. 
 
Then we discovered that there was a glorious cupcake place.  A lady in our town who makes cupcakes out of her home, serious.  She was at the fest.  Now if you have read some of the past posts, you know how mych we like cupcakes.  Super excited to find out we have someone in our city who will make mass quantity of cupcakes if needed.  Here is a little snippet of her scrumptious work (yes, that is the beer I was sipping, proof):
 
 
And then there was the rest of the day....here is a quick peek.
Now one can not walk away from a fest without a face painting or something.  Well this was suppose to be for the nephew.  He did not want a thing to do with it.  So Auntie Dawn got the bug.
Here come the ubberly cute nephews with the wearing the hats my hubbie got for them from EMS group.
 
And the music, was awesome to by the way. Hello that is basically what the fest was centered around, well and the food obvious. Wish I could report some more on the bands though. We were just having fun chillin' while they played in the background. All were outstanding though.
 
Now it seems like no matter where we go or what we do there is always some sort of craziness that happens. The hubbie has a fantastic idea to go ride the seesaw.
 
seesaw photo: seesaw teeter totter seesaw_action_lg_clr.gif
I am all in on this one.  Of course. I mean who doesn't like acting like your a kid again.  Come on people live it up a bit.  Him on one side and me on the other.  First push off...I get no where. Second push off....half way.  Then I proceed to explain that he needs to push off harder since I am not even touching the ground. Demanding little wifey I am. Well after that little comment, I touched the ground alright.  Fell right off that darn seesaw. Slightly painful and rather amusing. 
We're dorks.
 
Festing, highly recommend.  
 
Rock on, peeps.
  
 photo 80d1f590-b4d5-41b1-ac17-a3176860d455_zpsf1617518.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment