Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just Batty

Who would have known that everything would have just gone batty this morning.  Now aren't bats just the most adorable things.

 
Yeah maybe when it looks like the above, a cartoon.  Neatly pasted to some random document you have.  Not when a bat decides that it needs to be your roommate at some point during the night.
 
Here is how that all went down. Bring on the bat brigade!
 

In our  little world of slumber last night, Bullet starts to get all squirrelly and then we hear this weird noise. Hubbie gets up thinking it was the window fan (at this point the noise stopped, of course). Fans still working and he comes to bed.  Alarms go off.  Go downstairs, get our morning started, etc. I go back upstairs to get ready. Start packing the gym bag. And all of a sudden, hear a weird thumping noise.  Look Down and......

bat photo: bat bat.jpg
HELLO....it is a bat coming out from underneath the bed. Crawling on the floor.
At this point I completely freak out. Standing by the window fan, screaming to the hubbie (who can't hear me since he has the water running downstairs).  Forest sleeps thru this whole entire episode.  The bat was like right in our bedroom doorway.  There was no getting out and I left the cell phone downstairs.  Finally it crawls behind the door.  I haul downstairs.  Explain to the hubbie what just happened and the discovery of our new roommate. And here is how the next act played out.
 
Hubbie: What are we going to do?
Me: I don't know, Don't you know?
Hubbie: I am a city boy
Me: Well I am a country girl, moved to the city, back to the country, then married you. Now you are the husband that needs to take care of it. (he laughs)
 
 
Then I am like maybe we should call my little brother or my dad or someone. Of course, he is like no we (ha ha we thats funny) will see what we can do. Go into the garage he grabs a sheet. I grab a butterfly net we have because the only instance I can remember of someone catching a bat is the movie "The Great Outdoors" and that worked for them.  See.....



 Walk to the bedroom. Of course, I hand him the net. He moves the door and is like there is a bat. Yeah, seriously this girl not messing aound. Realize the net is the best choice (of course). He manages to get the bat in the net, wrap the sheet around it.  Bat is very cranky at this point and letting everyone know.  Hubbie takes it outside and lets it go.  Crisis Solved.


 photo 80d1f590-b4d5-41b1-ac17-a3176860d455_zpsf1617518.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment