Monday, June 3, 2013

Memorial Monday

Memorial Day, the day in which we remember those who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.

Definition of Memorial: n. Something, such as a monument or holiday, intended to celebrate or honor the memory of a person or an event  adj. Serving as a remembrance of a person or an event; commemorative

Now this last Memorial Day, not only did we honor the wonderful people that died while serving the US, but also my ambition.  At least my ambition level will be with some of the most dedicated best people in the world.

Monday of  this three day weekend looked so promising. Teenagers gone with their other parent.  Would be great if they were with us all of the time. Not complaining though. This happens to guarantee a moment of adult time for the hubbie and me. Figured a dreary day would lead me to want to stay inside and get some of my projects done versus lay outside in my glorious hammock and be lazy.  So how did this whole thought process work out?

Dreary also equals no productivity.   Well at least not at the level you were hoping for.  To my lazy butts happiness this is what managed to get accomplished.

 
The Mountain picture project. This has been a long time in the coming. Everyone, I believe, will be very grateful that this is done. A picture from our honeymoon, Pikes Peak. Now everyday when we come down our stairs we will see the beauty of the mountains.
 
 
Managed to squeeze in a  trip to Fleet Farm.   The highlight of my trip 3# bag of almonds.  Oh we also got a new tent, kind of forgot to take a picture of that.  Was to focused on the almonds that helped finish the next task.
 

Completely clearing the DVR of My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding.  That would be like 4-5 hours worth people. Hubbie said I did get alot done. Especially all the work to clear out the DVR. Yes, it takes a lot for me to sit still for that many hours.
 
Then to finish out the evening and get out of the house again.  Hubbie and I went on a cocktail cruise.  Yes, cocktail cruise. Go visit family, have a drink, and cruise to the next stop and repeat.  Stop by the mommie and the little brother.  Perfect end to a very unproductive, dreary, lazy memorial day.
 
 
 photo 34ba9c4e-39f4-42b9-adb5-4d3c79ee5ca3_zps03f7ef7a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment