Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Long overdue...

This post is way overdue.   Our little summary of the extra long holiday weekend.  Everyone in the house had off but this girl on Friday.  With the amount of vacation I have, should have taken the day, but nope.

Thanksgiving. Since my parents have decided to become snow birds (people from the north that go south in the winter), we decided to start our own little tradition of pizza on Thanksgiving. Yes, no turkey.  And it is wonderful by the way.
 Did you know that Papa Murphys has a pan pizza. Ha, I didn't. They did on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Flavor was cheeseburger.  Delicious according to the hubbie.  Then we decided that I should open my birthday presents since on my birthday we would be celebrating Thanksgiving.

Love this sign.  Looked at it. Hubbie didn't even know I looked at it and he picked it out too.


Then these adorable coffee mugs.  Just a few days before I broke my old one.  Love these.

Friday was a work day for me.  Did stop at Target on the way home.   Only due to the fact I had to return something I bought the weekend before.  Still going to try the "stay out of the store until after Christmas methodology". 

Saturday the little bro's gf picked up some cupcakes from my fave little cupcake place. Look at this glory. 
They even had my all time fave flavor... wedding cake.  Glorious deliciousness.
 
Sunday it was time to pack up my kitchen and head over to the uncles for our Thanksgiving. Last year he was in a home and we had a hard time talking him into joining us. He has MS.  This year in our stubborn ways, we decided that if he won't come out we will come to him.  Some snapshots of our day.
At one point there was a strange noise in the microwave. When I opened it I discovered this...
WTF and amazing all at the same time


 A complete clean break...weird.  So much for my gravy bowl.
 
 
And finally to the end the day...the end of Movember picture of the boys.
 
Time for a shave I think. Except for the stubborn brother who mentioned something about keeping it until January.
 
Wish there was a little more silliness to report..instead though just some good food and family.
 
xoxo
Dawn Marie
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment