Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Like a Rockstar

Things have been kind of quiet over in this section of my cyberspace.  Why, simple. Living or acting like a rockstar with a day job, of course. Except for Friday when I was going to write a blog post and the jack russell thought it would  be cute to pee on the coffee table while mom was getting ready to go to the salon.  Anyways since Wednesday it has been rather crazy in our little world.

Wednesday equaled the coldest day on the planet. Or what it seemed like.  It was so cold that my zippie (aka my car) decided after work that it would not start.  Now on a normal Wednesday no biggie. Ok well biggie but not huge.  Wednesday was my date with my son.  Badger basketball tickets on the line.   No start on the zippie even after I may have threatened it with a long painful death at the junkyard. Thankfully one of the wonderful guys from our fleet department jump started the car.  My hubbie picked me up a battery. And end of the day this girl made it on time for the date. Of course the zippie stayed home and I took my mommies car to the game.  Hubbie replaced the battery for me on Thursday (love).

On to the Badger game with my son. This, aside from some quality us time, was so important since my Badgers were about to make his panthers into a fur coat (no I do not condone this animal cruelty just sport talk).   I was very grateful that my Badgers didn't let me down.  Now ranked number 4 in the big ten.  Whoot Whoot Go Badgers.

Mac and Cheese with Brats....love.


 I do have to say there was one guy on the Milwaukee Panthers team who was kind of crazy.  Like Captain Caveman crazy.  He kind of looked like it too. Really wanted to add a one of those gif's of captaina caveman only to discover that they are way to hard to find.

And the temperature on our way home Wednesday evening...


Thursday was just a struggle to get thru the day on too little of sleep.

Now a huge warning here people.  This coming up portion of the blog post is bound to make someone unhappy, upset or otherwise.  As this is really not my intent by any means, this is my little blog with my very own opinions on any/all worldy matters that may drift into my life/section of cyberspace.  Like Whitney said over at her blog Be the Beyonce of your blog.  So as she said lets just own it...


Trans Siberian Orchestra.   The hubbie has been really wanting to see this.  And since once you get older with less wants/needs and have life responsiblities (aka have a limited budget due to teenagers draining you dry), that whole trying to figure out what to get each other for Christmas thing can be exhausting.   I am one person who loves to gift experiences to people.  So with that being said we decided that tickets to the Trans Siberian Orchestra Concert and dinner would be our Christmas gift to each other.  Time together, best gift ever.

Dinner.   This was left for the hubbie to decide/find our restaurant.  The choice: Samba Brazilian Grill.  Ok, where to start.  In the middle of the room there was a salad bar/side area that you were free to graze upon at your leisure.  I loved it.  There were so many different things to try. 
My faves were: Mixed Bean Salad with Guajillo Vinaigrette, Black Mission Figs (fig newton without the cookie), Roasted Brazil Nuts, and Balsamic-Glazed Goat Cheese (who would have known).
 
Have you ever tried Hearts of Palm. Honestly never heard of it and not sure what it was, but it was good. And I am not looking it up out of fear.
 
Then the hubbies favorite portion.  Now named "the pillar of meat".
 
Need meat, flip it green side up. Need a break, red side up. Green side up and Gauchos would bring over a skewer of meat to your table for you to have.  Not what you were looking for wait for the next Gaucho.  I had steak (tried to look up the official name not sure which one though), Linguica (spicey sausage), Frango (chicken breast with BBQ), and lord help me, Cordiero (a piece of a cute little fluffy lamb leg).  The cordiero, which I pretended was cow, did not taste all that great, thank goodness.
 
And of course I managed to squeeze some truffles in my belly for dessert.  Conclusion on this place.  We absolutely loved it.  Food was fantastic and the whole idea was fun.  We definetly want to go back.
 
Now how to some up this whole Trans Siberian Orchestra concert thing, disappointing suckage.  Or maybe  Dear 80's we have found your missing hair band.  They are making an attempt at the new century and even brought some of their groupies as dancers.  Please come and pick them up already. It's embarrassing.

 Thoughts:
  • Wonder what these extremely older people think of this? Since I figured they are like my parents age.  I was just becoming a teenager at the end of the 80's and can vividly recall them explaining to me to turn that shit down. Now you want ot be jamming to this...WTF.
  • Now wait, what there is no headbanging mosh pit on the floor. This is heavy metal rock music. Chirp Chirp, like statues they sat.
  • Dude, your fans are not on their feet screaming at you. There is no need to run thru the section on the floor (with security) trying to high five the various people that are really just sitting there looking at you funny.
  • I am so overdressed. Flannels, crappie jeans and jackets, this girl missed the memo.  (see below for how I rocked it)
  • This is an orchestra?!? Where are the horns, more drums, and possible a flute or something.
  • Please, please move a little closer to the flame shooter so your hair starts on fire. I'm bored and those folks on the floor aren't moving. We need to up the excitement level.
  • They served alcohol here? and I missed it? Right up until the concessions closed, of course. Damn maybe I would have enjoyed this more.
  • Narrator, you rock. You have one of the best announcer voices I have heard. Props to you.
  • Chic singing, not bad until you hit the high notes and turned it to a scream.
  • Boys singing...just stop already.
  • Pyrotechnics/laser show etc folks...stellar job. PS: Do the girl a fave increase the flames
  • Christmas time and you want to end the story with dying babies again WTF.
Last but not least, it was time to go. Then some lady tries to explain to us that the show wasn't over.  Yes, yes it was.   We had enough. There just really didn't seem to be a great flow to the show. Was definetly ready for the end. And by leaving early, we managed to miss the traffic added bonus.  Some pictures from our little date:

Again how to irritate the hubbie 101


View from our perch

Embracing the inner 13 year old preshow and of course a picture of my hair.

And here is the full outfit picture for the evening.


Saturday was basically all about two of my favorite boys.  Got to go with the little bro and boys to see Santa in the morning.  Even though they were fully prepared with what they wanted, there was no way they were going to say very loudly what they wanted nor sit on Santas Lap.
 

One of the things from their santa stocking

 
Oh my moo.
 
My afternoon was spent getting some of those Christmas presents wrapped.  This year Christmas is coming crazy fast. I definetly do not feel prepared this year.  Think I am starting to feel a bit of the stress as the week progresses.
 
Later in the evening it was sleepover time with the nephews.  Amazing how one tube roll from wrapping paper and a pack-n-play can keep them amused for almost an hour. More on this can be found on my instagram.
My three fave boys on the planet. They are amazing.



 
Sunday morning was of course breakfast with the boys before dad came.  Then getting the weekly stuff done before Sunday family dinner night.  With the weekend being as long and jam packed as it was, I am not sure that I got everything accomplished I wanted.  Did get my work clothes picked out for the no uniform period.  Cheers to all you ladies/gents who have to coordinate your clothes everyday out of the year.  That is some stressful stuff.  I only had to do it for two weeks.
 
Priority number 1 this week is getting this Christmas stuff in order.  Clock is a ticking folks.
 
xoxo, Dawn Marie






No comments:

Post a Comment