Monday, December 9, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

The title basically sums up the weekend at my house.  Friday, the package fairy came.  No surprise there.  I am sure you have heard about amazon delivering packages via drones.  I think we should call them fairies instead.  The hubbie also thinks this could possibly be a bad idea with the number of packages I get.  Could imagine our house kind of looking something like this:
beehive photo: beehive beehive.gif  
And now back to the packages...thankfully this time I didn't get a WTF text from the hubbie.  Which means the stack wasn't that high.
We have prints for a project or two. Christmas gift. Cute shoes for our concert. And Christmas gifts from my mommie.

A couple things that I can show you.   Shoes: Payless    Socks: American Eagle (no longer online).
 
Saturday for some reason(sure it was related to the fact I needed to get something for dinner), I decided to do the grocery shopping.  The hubbie and steppie actually joined me in this excursion for the week.  This week though was like no other.  It was a bloody nightmare.  Now I don't normally shop on Saturdays since it is crazy, add in a "open" house at the grocery store and I was about to lay down in the fetal position.  I will be diligently working on getting the Sunday grocery shopping back on track.

The afternoon we got started with the task of putting up the tree. As much as I love having a fake tree, the whole fluffing the branches way overrated.  Thankfully we checked the lights before I went to get my son.  We were short one set.  Prior to really kicking it into gear with the christmas decorating needed to warm ourselves from the inside with some chili.
 
And I even made some crockpot hot chocolate for us to enjoy while decorating. Of course, I made mine a little more adult friendly.
Even broke out the colorado coffee mug.   Then it was time to decorate. Brace yourself for too many pictures.
It was ever so important to get this on the very top and just so.

Yep, that is a Christmas pig.

Steppie putting up her ornament.  Which was a High School Musical Locker. Almost seemed like she was hiding it to not be embarrassed.

Hard time deciding which would be mine to put up.
Decided on a puppie ornament I painted many, many moons ago.

 
Our 2013 Ornament. 
Follow me on instagram to see a few more of my fave ornaments and their stories.
 
Sunday was cold and snowy. After searching high and low for the perfect green pillows, I decided to give up and just make my own.  Ran to Joanne Fabrics before the snow hit.  Not much to show from Sunday. Ran an errand and then made lasagna for our Sunday family dinner night. We found out later in the evening that there were pileups in the state from the storm.   Craziness.   Of course I did take some time out to dress up the chiweenie in the morning.  So we will leave with our special little freak...Charlie
Better be careful before the grinch tries to steal him to pull his sleigh.

Bullet: Charlie why are you jingling. Hope mom doesn't put that on me.
Charlie: Stop sniffing me or I will have mom put it on you...grrr.

 
xoxo, Dawn Marie
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment