Friday, December 27, 2013

Spending Freezin'

Life According to Steph
 
At some point in time I think I missed my calling as a professional shopper or a multi millionaire. Stumbled upon this little link up over at Steph's blog.   Since I am always up for a challenge, going to see how well I do.  Here are the rules from her website:
 
The Rules1. Spending freeze lasts from January 1 - January 31.
2. No outings that are not budgeted for prior to 1/1 - no impromptu lunches, dinners, or nights out.
3. No purchases that are not budgeted for prior to 1/1 - no daily coffee runs, shiny baubles at Target, books, etc.

You can amend the rules as you see fit - if you MUST be able to purchase one coffee a week, build that into your rules.  If you are going balls to the wall and trying to spend $0 outside of bills and transportation, gird your loins and get ready to buckle down!


Whatever you lay out for yourself, be realistic with your goals for this month. Make changes to your spending habits for the next month that can work for you so you don't hate me and yourself by January 6.

Once you set your rules, live by them. Write down any expenditures that aren't in your budget, grab the button below and report in on your experience on Tuesday, February 4. Bloggers, link up your posts.
 
Ok, so there we have it. Now regarding how I am going to try and start mine or the little rules I will be making for myself.
  • No outing that is not budgeted for. It is a quiet month around my neck of the woods. Really only one right now, a shopping trip to the outlet mall with the son. God help me. Which I will be giving myself a budget for.
  • No items that are not budgeted for.  Above and beyond the everyday, the only item I have is a StitchFix and a few things for a family movie night.
  • No unnecessary purchases. Not on the preplanned list. No Buy.  Think it maybe beneficial for me to avoid Target at all costs during this period.
  • Stay within the house, grocery, and personal item budget. Which will be taken out in cash.
  • Stay within my weekly cafe budget. Lately I have been getting lazy and grabbing breakfast versus taking one.

And that pretty much sums it up.  Come back around on February 4th for the recap.  Or watch my instagram for my shames.  Sure I won't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment