Monday, May 20, 2013

Romance and Intrigue Vegas Style


Maybe  I need to speak more clearly or could I have an accent, no way. Let’s just disregard it was very early and this is my first stop after waking up in the morning. Here is how my name sounded to the starbucks guy:


 

One of the days in Vegas I was seriously looking forward to. Basic plans for the day, super date.  Not like this whole entire trip wasn’t a super date.  How about the romantic day. Or something like that.  Anyway no better way to start the day (after starbucks, of course) then some champagne with breakfast at Il’ Fornaio:

 

This place was amazing by the way.  Highly recommend. 

My hubbie got me beautiful earrings prior to leaving wintery Wisconsin. Our last day in Vegas so figured today would be the perfect day for these.  Then it had to be a good day, right. Started good and he even agreed to go to a mall. Now if you knew how much my husband loves shopping you would completely understand. The mall at Ceasars palace huge.



And that last picture in the group would be a spiral escalator.  Oh yes I was amazed by this.  Easy to please. Really we did not spend much time in there. Just had to get my stuff from Mac. Then it was off to our gondola ride at the Venetian. Beautiful day to float around in a gondola while someone sings to you.


 
 Serendipity 3. If you are in Vegas, this is a must stop place on my list. Rumor had it that the frozen hot chocolate is awesome.  I know frozen hot chocolate.  What kind of an oxymoron is that. After waiting very patiently, hello peanut butter  frozen hot chocolate.   Absolutely amazeballs.  


 
Afterwards it was time to get ready for our night out. Dinner at Emeril’s restaurant. Great service, Spectacular food. Best crab cake ever.
 
Then off to see the dueling pianos and gamble for a bit. Then back to the room after an exhausting day. And then we decided to get room service.  Never had room service before.  We ordered a night cap. Cookies, milk and chocolate covered strawberries. It was so awesome. Such a perfect end to our last day in Vegas.
 
 
Goodbye Vegas. We love being home with our kids & puppies and getting my garlic knot fix at our home airport.


 
And our maid service was probably very thankful that this sign finally came off the door knob.  Hey we like quiet on our adult vacation time people.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment