Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Race Day Race Day

Butterflies in my stomach, feeling like I am going to puke.  Oh how I flippin' love race day.   This day it would only be a 5k though.  This run, unlike my others, was actually close to home for a change.  Oh how grateful the hubbie was.  Extra bonus today was that my daddie was volunteering. Ha, now he had no choice but to watch me run...boom.

So now my peeps let's review the glory of this day.
Bag  Swag...another water bottle for my steppie (yeah she has a water bottle addiction, story in itself)
 
 
If you noticed early that I said it was a 5k, yet on this picture it says 3.2.  Here is the story on that.  After being disappointed with my time and thinking that the course was crazy hilly though, I of course in my overanalyzing manner had to go to mapmyrun.  Ding ding...and here is the snapshot of that folks.
Hilly?!? Oh heck yeah!  What? 3.2 miles! How can that be? They said it was a 5k.  Google.  Just to double check that my brain is correct on the fact a 5k is truly only 3.1 miles. Bam confirmed.   My time seems so much better now.  No more tears here. Happiness!!!
 
And thanks Dad (and of course the other volunteers) for watching out for us crazy runners.

And this makes it official the last race for me before it gets to awfully hot up here.   Hello Wisconsin Girl here. Like the cold weather or maybe I should say acclimated.  Coming soon will be the support your friend, aka bust their butt to make them better, silly runs.  Welcome Summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment