Monday, August 10, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past - Hazy, Lazy, and a little Crazy

After gallivanting around the week prior realizing there really wasn't anything on the agenda for the weekend and we had no children was rather refreshing.

Friday night, I made this cantaloupe and prosciutto recipe that I found in my Real Simple magazine.  Fruit and meat such an intriguing combination. Of course, there was a sauce or marinade that went over it.   Even though we are not completely sure that we liked it, we just couldn't stop eating it.  Then it was on to binge watching some "Falling Skies".

Saturday was dreary..poo poo.  I did manage to talk my hubbie into going to one of my fave restaurants for brunch.

 
I attempted to learn the fine art of sandwich eating and failed miserably.  I did find some Kind bars that I have been wanting to try for the win too.  Then we went and popped some tags. I scored a major deal on some binders.  Saturday afternoon I had all of these big plans like scrapbooking and packing for the upcoming backpacking trip, but instead I ended up taking a two hour nap.  Food coma folks, food coma.
 
I did manage to wake up in time to get it together to head to the firemen's picnic.  We were due to meet up with the little bro and L at 8:30ish.  I had to get there earlier since there would be no way I was going to risk them running out of walking tacos.  That happened one year, it was tragic.  Plus in my ingenious wisdom, I thought I might be able to actually talk the hubbie into winning a fish to replace the one that got eaten by his tank mates.  While I know it would have futile to do this, they did not have the fish game anyways.
 
Aside from those things, my number one goal of the evening was to get down right shitty on the glorious green stuff.  Hey a girl needs some release from life every now and again.....that pitcher was mine, all mine.

 
And when I set my mind to something...mission accomplished.
My hubbie had me heading home at the perfect time though aka empty pitcher, starting to tip over, yet still smart enough to go get another one. So needless to say within 15 minutes of walking in the door I had my makeup off, laying in bed and he was handing me water and ibuprofen while diligently trying to get me to shut up so I would go to sleep or uummm pass out.  Yeah, he had to give me those details because I swear I was only talking for like two minutes, whoops.
 
Sunday morning you couldn't have found a happier person going to the church of the porcelain god.  Think it was a catholic service because there was a lot of up downs.  Like I said before, mission accomplished.  Somewhere around noon I joined the world of the living.
 
Then it was back to get my Sunday stuff done, grocery shopping...blah blah.  Oh and then the sun came out, which meant game on, round 2.  Some puppie dog eyes and a little bit of begging later found the hubbie and I out on the jet skis with a stop at the tiki bar, of course.
 

 
There was also this very cool plane that kept flying over for a little while.
 
Came home just as it got cloudy. Then we chilled, grilled and binged watched some more "Falling Skies". And that would be my little weekend....weekends are for fun, work is where we rest.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I can't handle booze anymore! I'm pretty much beer only these days. Good for you! I love the frito pie in a bag too.

    ReplyDelete