Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past - On Holiday

Hey there remember me...there has been a lot going on in my neck of the woods, so I ended up taking a little momentary break.

We have managed to celebrate two more birthdays...I am telling you all we seem to do the month of October is celebrate birthdays.   The steppie is officially 16, so of course the gifts are all things car related.  First was some money and interest free loan from her dad for her awesome beater with a heater.  Then was an emergency car kit, shovel, and ice scraper.

 
We dined at Olive Garden for her birthday and had a birthday muffin at home.

 
Next up was Little Man's birthday, he got a super big birthday bone.
 
 
He really didn't eat the bone instead just licked the puppie friendly chocolate off of it.
 
Then also during this period, I took the teenagers for a scary movie and Forest on a tour of UW-Green Bay. 
 
And then there was this last weekend....Halloween weekend.  It started Friday night with the Haunted Tour of the Saterlee Clark House in Horicon.
The story started with the caretaker of the house explaining strange happenings she encountered.  Then you were led to a funeral, where they explained how bodies were handled.  The next room found you speaking to a woman who was making a home remedy for a person who was ill. Next you were led to the bedroom, where there was a woman next to the bed, in which there was a young child.  She explained how she lost her children to terrible disease.  Into the next room was a photographer, a photographer of the dead, he explained the why they took pictures of the dead.  The tour finished with a trip to the cemetery.  At the cemetery you learned why there were bells placed at graves and people recited the stories of how they were buried alive.
 
The actors did a great job and I can not wait until they do this again next year.
 
Saturday was a rainy day yet perfect for a stop at the coffee shop.
 
Afternoon was spent putting the final details on my costume for the pub crawl.  Then I jumped into the endeavor of placing metal gears on my face, we did steam punk this year.  While it was kind of strange having these super glued to my face, it turned out fantastic and they held up all night.
 
 
and the whole costumes.
It is hard to see, but I had gears placed on the costume also.  Ready to go we were off.  We started at a bar that we have never been to before.  I was kind of scooping the place out since my high school reunion was going to be there this coming weekend.  Right at the start the hubbie deemed which guy was going to be a major shit show...it was Santa Clause.   Our main mission was one drink at every bar.  They have a bus that goes bar to bar, so there is no driving nor walking.  Needless to say, I managed to spill a drink, we didn't make it to every bar, and our bus hit a parked car in front of the bar. The night was eventful...and I inadvertently reminded my old ass that pregaming is not a good idea nor is mixing kinds of alcohol.
 
Sunday morning was spent resting while the afternoon was consumed making cross country gifts.  In the evening, we attended my son's very last high school cross country banquet.
 
There were many tears shed between my son, the coach and myself.  This coach has been such a positive influence on my son I will be forever grateful and my son forever lucky to have him.
 
And that folks is a quick little catch up on what is going on in our world.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment