Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past - To Hell with Fall

To hell with fall or so Mr. Winter has said.  It appears that Mr. Winter thought it would be a fine idea to come to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving.   Here is the beauty that we awoke to Saturday morning...
 
A little soon, but then again maybe not.  It truly is not or was not uncommon for snow to grace Wisconsin in November.  I do not mind the snow, hence my love of cross country skiing....the cold weather though that accompanied this though was a little much.  I need to ease into 15 degrees.
 
At least, I had a nice warm bath that was graced with my bath bomb from Lush. 
It Looks like some sort of alien. This is what it looks like when you pull it out after it has been fizzling a bit.  I am going to make the assumption that someone out there has done this though, so I am not feeling like the only odd duck in the room.
 
With the snowy weather, I used it as another excuse to have the steppie take me shopping.  Sadly though the roads were not in the slightest bit slippery to give her some experience with that.  I did get Forest's Christmas shopping completely finished and I found this....
pretty awesome hat, which the hubbie hated so it stayed at the store.  Plus the steppie tried on a blanket scarf, since that is the new trend that she feels she needs to follow.  Personally, I think it is crazy, you might as well be walking around with a throw blanket on your neck.  This girl will be sticking with her everyday scarves.
 
Saturday evening, we put on the most comfortable clothes possible and saw Mockingjay 2.  I read the book, they did a good job reflecting what occurred in the book. We loved the movies and the books.
 
Sunday was spent as normal...cleaning, shopping, family dinner.
 
Now this week, shall find us enjoying the short work week and our little Thanksgiving tradition.
 
May everyone have safe travels.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment