Monday, October 5, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past - Fresh and New

The start of my weekend found me still getting better from this horrible cold that took a grip on me last week.  Friday evening though I sucked it up and went with the hubbie to check out a new Mexican restaurant.  Walking in we had high hopes, sadly though I was disappointed. Now the hubbie thinks this could be because I was sick.  I think La Tapatia has the bar set pretty high for me.

Saturday morning found me checking out a new to me salon in town.  They just recently remodeled.
I loved what they did with the space and was very happy with the person who did my hair.  Needless to say after my appointment I am on "trend" and will be going back.
We will disregard the fact that my mommie wants to cut the bangs a little more...I am adjusting and we are "training" them.  Who knew training hair was a thing.
 
After all that excitement, I grabbed my mom and we hung out for some of the afternoon. Hence her seeing the fresh new do and wanting to cut the bangs even more.
 
We hit the library for some books and then off to Shopko for some more cold meds for me.  Then we checked out a new coffee shop.  I have been wanting to try this for quite some time.
The coffee was wonderful and prices were right. It is called The Opendoor Coffee House. Think we will leave this a brief mention here and go back to do some serious snooping.  This place deserves its very own exploration post.
 
Then leave it up to my mommie to talk me into going to the apple orchard.  Really there was serious arm twisting going on...basically like two words "apple pie".  Why yes please, let's go.  So we took the scenic route to the apple orchard.  I got apple pie, apples (honey crisp), and caramel apples.
 
By this time it was time for me to get my bootie back home and get some dinner started.  It became Sunday dinner on Saturday.  We feasted like no ones business.  I used my new rice cooker to make some cauliflower, which became mashed cauliflower.  And we had shrimp, steak, acorn squash and funky, homemade coleslaw. 
 
Our evening was finished with grabbing some pumpkins with the teenagers and watching "The Lovely Bones", since I finished the book.  My mother also managed to finish the book in like one night, just saying she reads like a boss.  Don't waste your time with the movie...just read the book.
 
Sunday just seemed to be a lazy day aka no ambition to get off my bum and get things done.  It took forever for me to get my normal Sunday stuff done.  Of course there was an interruption in the programming to go watch two of the teenagers in one of the local parades.
 
 
Kid goes into work and gets paid to ride in the parade, say what?!?

 
Then the next interruption came in the way of a dear friend Mr. Patron. Sometimes you need a little help and moment for a shot or two of forgetting your days dilemmas.
 
Needless to say everything got done and Sunday came to a close.
 
How was your weekend....any new discoveries?
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment