Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Show Me Your Books - September

 
Not sure the where or the whys that I had stumbled upon this book, but it intrigued me.  For one hot moment, it was like the whole Parisian concept was a topic.  Curiosity got the best of me and I had to get a better understanding of the fascination.
 
Overall, the book was ok.  It was kind of written like a manual.   The basic concept that I took away was casual beauty is the key to being a Parisian.   Here though were a few more items that stood out:
 
 
1. You Don't have to spend a decade's worth of salary on your wardrobe, or flaunt designer brands the whole time. All you need is one signature item: the one you wear when you need to feel strong. (30)
 
2. Take care of the skin first and avoid using foundations.  Let your inner beauty shine thru.
 
3. The Essentials: Jeans, mens shoes, the bag, little black blazer, ballet flats, white  scarf, big sunglasses etc.
 
4. A mother's advice on love:  "Love alone is not enough. You have to work at it."  "Be financially independent, so that you love only for love" "When you no longer want to love each other, it's that you're still in love. When you still want to love each other, it's that you've fallen out of love" (146)
 
5. Throw coffee grounds down the drain, never in the trash. They help degrease the plumbing and remove bad smells. (220)
 
Out of those five points the mother's advice on love was by far my favorite.  And quite possibly the coffee grounds down the drain, I have never heard of this before have you?
 
Overall it was an interesting very quick read.  If you are looking for a glimpse of Parisian concepts, this is a great book.
 
Linking up with Steph and Jana


Life According to Steph

 

4 comments:

  1. I read this one too! I'm obsessed with everything French/Paris related and you're right, it definitely reads like a guide book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I throw my coffee grounds down the drain.

    I love the words on mother's love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you've highlighted. #5 raises a good point and #4 is solid, solid, thoughtful, spot on advice.

    ReplyDelete