Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Work It Out - May

The very first thing on the agenda for May was the Bustle Hustle.  Got 3rd place in my age group, holler, no PR though.  This thing was a hilly monster and I am anxious to do this again next year.


Since I was rather pissed at myself for not training hard enough...I got up the following Monday morning and hit the treadmill for a quick 5 miler. Then it was back to my to Tuesday lifting day. But then I took off Wednesday. Thursday though found itself being a 6 mile slow or marathon pace run.  Friday, due to pure exhaustion, I just hit the bike for a leisurely six miles. Over the weekend we did a short little hike.

Week 2 -
 Monday 05/11 decided it would be a good day for a mid pace day and do to a little messing around getting out of the house ended up with only a 5 miler. Tuesday was a standard lift day with a mixture of upper and lower body with a touch of abs.  Not to much since it is race week again.Wednesday was a long run day.  Hit 6.5 miles and watched two episodes of "House of Lies".  Saturday was the nurses run.  It was hot and humid. Missed my PR for this course.  Once again I am thinking that I really need to work harder.


Week 3 -
There was a lot going on this week, so my fitness was pretty off, which sucks because when my fitness is off my mood goes right along with it.  Ran 4 miles on Monday, then did some biking on Tuesday with strength training, Wednesday was a quick 3 miler.   Thursday and Friday took the days off been running on empty here lately.  Taking the bike up north though to do some exploring.  Saturday found me catching a quick 8 mile ride. Planned on a little longer, but no one really mentioned that quite a few of the back roads up there are sand. So change of plans.  In the afternoon I was also able to get in some kayaking time with the steppie.

Week 4 -
  Tuesday, I started a new lifting program.  And this girl got some much needed new shoes, which means this morning I broke them in with a 5 miler.  Ok and they are a new "model" of adidas for me...supposedly they are lighter.  Lighter equals faster, right.
 
Real life = Runner Show Problems, the miles and hours we spend together <3
 
Until next month...


No comments:

Post a Comment