Monday, May 4, 2015

Ghosts of Weekend Past

When a weekend starts with a 1/2 priced caramel frap from Starbucks, really how could a weekend go bad. Even car mouse approves.
Friday evening found me watching my son's baseball game.  They won it was awesome.  What was even more awesome was the kid from the other team that liked to heckle his teammates while they were up to bat.  Of course, I have a video of this...sorry can't share that would not be right but some of the creativity that came out of that young man's mouth.
 
 

Saturday morning started with me hitting the local high school greenhouse to get my flower baskets and a flower basket for my mommie for mother's day.  Those ones with the peachie flowers and a dark purple black...oh just beautiful.
 
 
The hubbie took me out to my favorite"chic" restaurant for breakfast.  And I can say that I seriously had the best piece of bacon, I have ever had in my entire life.  We had a glorious conversation with the chef about bacon, places to eat, and the overall glory of food and savoring a meal.  With full bellies we stopped at the feedmill for the puppies and outside birds (who need jobs to pay some rent because they eat a lot).  Then it was off to pop some tags and get some things for the new camper.
 
 
 My afternoon was spent getting the camper all packed up and figuring out what we still needed.  Plus letting the pups get used to hanging out in there.

 
In the evening I had a jetski date with my Forest.  It was his first time out on it.  We had a few little issues, but overall think he liked it.  He is anxious to get his boater's license.  Plus the K got to go for a ride. And then it was dinner and chilling for the evening to get ready for the next morning.
 
 
 
Sunday morning was Race Day.  Weather man said it was going to be ok and then as we were driving the forecast changed.   And then I held my breathe, cursed a few times, it sprinkled and everything was fine for the race.  To be quite honest it was a little warm.  Plus a super extra bonus to my morning was that I talked the hubbie into doing his very first 5k.  He was awesome and PR'd, of course it was his first one, but hey he did it and you need to set the bar somewhere.  Made me feel a little better since normally he just hangs out and waits for me and since he has been walking anyways, why not walk a 5k plus get a t-shirt.
 
At one point he goes to me, did you see the little baby goats?  I am like no I was racing, darn it I need to look around more.  Speaking of racing while I did not get a PR for this course, I did
 
 
End up with a third place win for my age group.  I completely was not expecting that and I am always grateful when I place.  My goal is always: 1. Finish and 2. Better myself.   The bettering myself was difficult though, my inner bitch was pissing, moaning, and complaining very loudly. Turns out that the course changed since the last time I ran it...which meant there were a few less flats.

 
Just one big continuous climb.  The one little stretch in there that was flat...a girl was like ok take this time to recover.  Now I see why, it was an uphill battle to the finish.
 
 
I made it though...and then I went back to walk for a bit with the hubbie and catch his very first finish.  Since we worked so hard, we treated ourselves to Culvers.  Rest of the afternoon was spent getting the house stuff finished for the week and some family dinner time and there you have the weekend that was. 
 
Now to rest up for next weekend and our first big camp trip..
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos especially the shadow and the lights next to it.

    ReplyDelete