Friday, May 22, 2015

Wild - Book Review

 
Since it seems like it only took me forever and a day to finish this book, figured I would grace you with my thoughts on the book.   I can say the length of time for me to finish is not by any means related to the story.  I generally only read my books while I am on the elliptical or bike at the gym, which means books usually get a max 2 hours of my time each week (sadly).
 
My overall view of this book is ok.   Part of this is due to the personal perspectives or the issues that she was going thru that got her to the point of deciding to hike the trail.  Yes, I understand that this is what makes the book relatable; aka girl with personal problems goes off to conquer the world.  In that context a great book. My fault in reading this was probably due to me adding or thinking with the backpacking side of my brain where I was looking or more drawn in to the actual hidden trail information, the towns that were stopped at, the people along the way, food supplies, and  water sources type of commentary in the book.  Hence why it ended up with an ok.
 
Would I read it again, probably not.  Will I go see the movie...oh yes, because I would love to see how this translated to the big screen (except I truly am hoping that they left out the horse part).  I also hope that in the representation of the backpacking world they do not portray what Instyle deemed as necessary items for backpacking,  Must Have Hiking Gear. Because hello girl going in the woods is not some sort of fashion show and what your recommended I would no way put on my back nor body, especially for a trip that lasted months unless I planned on getting eaten by a bear early on and my corpse would be shown on a camera...it would look darn good then.
 
Enough of the ramble, quickly now. Thank you for introducing backpacking to the world and I am anxious to see the movie now.  That's it. Peace Out.
 
Have a glorious Memorial Day Weekend!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment