Monday, May 18, 2015

Ghosts of Weekend Past

Welcome to Monday...and a Monday it is. This week being particularly hard for me to engage since I have part of the day tomorrow and some of Wednesday.  Ok now back to the weekend...it started out with a bit of a nail biter on Friday night.  Forest's baseball game was a tie in the seventh inning. Sadly though they lost, it was a good game though.

Saturday morning found me doing the nurses run with L.   Sadly this time I could not talk the hubbie into doing one again.  I will though...someday.


I missed my goal time again on this one.  I can say though it was a warm muggie one in the morning.  Now I will be working harder and making sure to clock in some outdoor miles versus just treadmill.  It is the off season for me...aka this chic don't race in hot weather....perfect time to train and set up my fall plans.

After that it was off for a pedi...which ended up ruined due to the humidity in the air.  After that the master plans changed and my hubbie and daddie put the trailer stuff (real technical, I know) on our beloved green burrito and camper.  Since I couldn't be on the boat or jetski and it was warm I did the next best thing...went to spend sometime with my littles.

Check out the lounge chair...it is so awesome.  And I did get to go on the water at least with my Cooper via the kayak.  I have declared him my kayaking buddie.  We saw a chicken, a tire in the water, and the farm ducks with a little baby.

Since I had a little time left before our dinner plans, I did manage to squeeze in some time on the jetski.  Of course, it is having starting issues.  So we will need to play with it more to figure it out.  I was able to make it to the little bro's and back to the dock without running out of gas.  Yes, running out of gas is a major fear for me.

Then it was off to dinner.  We tried a new restaurant and my phone died.  While the food was good, it was not worth what we paid for it.  Part of all of this is that I probably set my expectations to high.  Because really there is no way someone in Wisconsin can mimic the goodness of New Orleans. The funniest part of the night was when the hubbie and I saw a picture of the Pearl, a New Orleans restaurant, that gave us food poisoning.  Thankfully this restaurant did not follow suit.

Sunday morning found us being leisurely getting our stuff done.   Then in the afternoon we got the garage all cleaned out.   And I discovered that our little mouse friends that decided to live in the garage over winter didn't get enough bird seed and started eating some of the lawn fertilizer, now that takes food poisoning to a whole new level.  No dead mice...but there was quite a bit of poop.  And another major accomplishment of the day...I broke down and planted my flowers before Memorial Day.
 
After all was said and done family dinner and trip to the ice cream station before the start of our new week.  What did you accomplish this weekend?  And let's hear it for more summer weekends
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment